Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Drop in Short Reset for HK

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Hmmm, wonder what caused the issues. Would they have failed if proper instructions were provided? Not defending GG, as I have zero products from them. The whole drop gate thing is another issue. I have a number of Sig products I really want to buy, but simply will not give them money.
    It was the lack of instructions from everything I've seen. People didn't know what to do with the small pin in the kit so the simply didn't install it. The kit won't function properly without it. Once they found out where the pin went and installed it, their pistols started working properly again.

The GG pin needs to be installed in the sear in place of the factory pin which is slightly shorter.

I've been following this topic closely on multiple forums. This is the only issue I've read about.

I have the kit installed and am very impressed.

Granted, I rode on the coattails of early adopters, so I knew what I was doing when my kit showed up, but:

Kit installed easy, including the sear pin which knocked out without damage, and reinstalled the new pin without issue. No special tools, just a 2x4 with a hole drilled in it, and a couple punches. Results have been great. About 500 rounds in without complication. Reset reduced by half, including dramatically reduced slop after reset. I'm a happy guy. I don't ride the reset/pin the trigger, but overall trigger travel is still a thing, and the final outcome gives my P30L a much more similar overall travel profile to my USP. It is pricier than I'd like, but I get R&D costs are a thing. . . and to be honest I'd probably buy it again if I ended up with another P30 series. YMMV. I'll do my best to report back in the event any issues arise down the road.

I installed this kit in a USP .45. The pin is to replace the pin in the sear, which punched out easily using a roll pin punch. The pin in the kit is slightly longer than the stock pin, maybe by 1mm. But I only found this out through internet research; instructions in the kit would have been nice to have.

I absolutely LOVE this kit. I had replaced the TRS, hammer mainspring, and sear spring with match parts, but still had a lot of forward travel on the trigger in SA mode before it reset, then a lot of take-up from reset to firing. The Short Reset kit eliminated ALL of that travel. Reset is short and crisp, with no takeup in the trigger pull before firing again.

There was one place that had them in stock (Top Gun Supply) for the USPs, and apparently now they are sold out again.

Putting in an update.

The two I’ve been using since January are holding up 100%. Though due to injuries, I haven’t put as many rounds down range as normal.

I ordered a third today that is supposed to be compatible with the CDA 4.1. I’ve modified my P2000 trigger to accept the 4.1 “medium” P30 spring (modified trigger as well as the spring). I’ll post another update when I get them installed and get a good range session in.

I figure it's been long enough since you guys have installed this short reset kit to have vetted it pretty well. Just looking for some updates regarding the quality of this kit after lots of rounds fired. I'm thinking of putting this kit in my EDC LEM P2000SK. Any user updates will be appreciated.

@Coyote41
    @spartacus2002
    @Bill
    @navyman8903
    Others...
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I figure it's been long enough since you guys have installed this short reset kit to have vetted it pretty well. Just looking for some updates regarding the quality of this kit after lots of rounds fired. I'm thinking of putting this kit in my EDC LEM P2000SK. Any user updates will be appreciated.

Others...
    I've only fired a few hundred rounds, and it's held up fine with no problems.

I have just over 1 year on 2 of them. One in a P30 LEM with 4.1ch setup. The other in an HK45 LEM. I have right around 2K through the P30 with the GGI short reset kit. I have about 1K through the HK45 as well. So 3K rounds over 2 units. Not a massive round count, but not nothing either. Not a single issue, sign of abnormal wear or anything. Honestly, judging by the quality of materials, I feel like the components can only be an improvement and potentially more durable in the long run.

In terms of trigger pull characteristics, I like the GGI kit so much, every compatible HK I buy is going to get one. Since I'm a long time Glock shooter, I'm used to a short reset, and tend to short stroke longer DAO triggers. I had that issue with both of these HKs. With the GGI kits, it eliminated that issue for me with each gun. I did feel like the HK45 trigger was ever so slightly better in terms of the actual break.

Oh man, and this is off-topic I guess but, wait until you try the GGI short reset kit with one of their flat triggers. It's phenomenal IMO, at least in so far as a DAO trigger can be.

Name:  IMG_20200713_080002_tn.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  43.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20200713_075932_tn.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  44.8 KB
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

@Sig_Fiend

That second picture, is that just before hammer fall? Looks like trigger would be vertical at break?
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post

Name:  IMG_20200713_075932_tn.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  44.8 KB
    Flat HK trigger....WHAT?!
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Yep, that second pic is with the trigger right at the breakpoint. This one is immediately after the break:

Name:  IMG_20200713_075950_tn.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  44.1 KB

It's pretty awesome IMO. For reference, here's the GGI P30 Straight Trigger.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

User Tag List