Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Drop in Short Reset for HK

Drop in Short Reset for HK

Looks like Gray Guns just released a drop in short reset kit for HK P30’s, P2000, and USP’s. Works with TDA and LEM.

https://grayguns.com/product/hk-p30-...-thumb-safety/

https://grayguns.com/product/hk-usp-...-reset-system/

Thanks for pointing this out.

Here is the link for P30 models with a thumb safety.

Between carefully following Bruce Gray’s comments during the 320 drop safety experience, and how I use my HK hammer pistols, my inclination is to leave the fire control parts OEM. I have those pistols for their accumulated proven history with the OEM parts, and some incremental improvement to their triggers does not seem worth it to me in exchange for being a product tester. Of course, I am always happy for others to do that testing!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Between carefully following Bruce Gray’s comments during the 320 drop safety experience, and how I use my HK hammer pistols, my inclination is to leave the fire control parts OEM. I have those pistols for their accumulated proven history with the OEM parts, and some incremental improvement to their triggers does not seem worth it to me in exchange for being a product tester. Of course, I am always happy for others to do that testing!
    My thoughts entirely.

This drop in thingy was my first purchase of 2019....

Not sure why I wanted it. But whatever is does I’ll know sooner than in 10-12 week turnaround time for shop work.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Missed that whole ordeal. Is there a summery that can be found somewhere ?

This might push me over the edge to try a P30L in 2019 as my do everything gun. The HK’s in 45 that I own have very short resets and don’t need anything in my opinion but shot and dry fired. I think reset length is overrated but reducing the reset on a P30 would make the transition from being a previous Sig TDA user easier. Theoretically anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I don't know that it had it's own thread, but when the Dropgate stuff was first going down BG was making statements on the social media about how it was a load of crap and he had a hand in the 320 development and it was perfectly drop safe and so were his kits for it. Believe it was talked about in the bigger dropgate threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I don't know that it had it's own thread, but when the Dropgate stuff was first going down BG was making statements on the social media about how it was a load of crap and he had a hand in the 320 development and it was perfectly drop safe and so were his kits for it. Believe it was talked about in the bigger dropgate threads.
    So guy that helped develop it said it wasn’t flawed. Check

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Long and painful episode.

The cliff notes version is as follows. When the initial 320 firing when dropped reports came out, Bruce said they had tested the crap out of the 320, it was drop safe, and people making these reports were wrong and would suffer the wrath of Sig.

These new HK parts may be the best thing since sliced bread, but I will let others independently test that. I primarily use my HK hammer pistols to launch Super ammo, and reset will be the last thing on my mind when shooting at something. On the other hand, they must positively work or bad things would happen. For a play pistol, I wouldn’t hesitate to try this part, but it would be a while before I would rely on it for something serious. Along those lines, I plan to send a VP9 to Rick, but that is for gaming use only.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List