Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Drop in Short Reset for HK

Just to clarify, as it is early and my coffee intake is low.... the roll pin provided is not a replacement for the FPB / drop safety catch, and the spring is not a replacement for the FPBSpring. But rather for the release catch and the trigger bar detent spring?
    Taking a break from social media.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Just to clarify, as it is early and my coffee intake is low.... the roll pin provided is not a replacement for the FPB / drop safety catch, and the spring is not a replacement for the FPBSpring. But rather for the release catch and the trigger bar detent spring?
    I can’t comment on the spring, but the pin appears to replace the pin on the release catch, correct.

After much back and forth deliberation when I saw the advertisement, I settled on sticking with the OEM V1 parts. I feel like until these are vetted, I am better off.

So after reviewing everything, and not being able to see the video since I missed it and it is now taken down by the user........I'm guessing the part was either out of spec, or the install was jacked up somehow. I'm not making any assumptions or accusations.

Edit side note: I also think it's absolutely retarded they're selling a part with a disclaimer it might need to be fitted by a gunsmith. There is no call for having a "Drop in part" which they have custom relief cuts on and re-profield based on their specs, that should have to be fitted. I wouldn't know where the fuck to even begin to start working on it, let alone recoat it....... that was pretty fuckin dumb on their part. I don't care if Bruce Gray himself sees this and calls me out for it. It's piss poor. While HK has out of spec parts like say a trigger return spring or trigger bar (HKpro HK45c's come to mind with their false reset issue in the BE year group, and they've since fixed it) or the sear springs, I have never seen a control latch, catch, sear or disconnector out of spec. The gun wouldn't function, you would know immediately.

As for the pins, there is no pin out there what will have any bearing on the proper function of the HK pistol that you can't reuse if you do it properly. ESPECIALLY a solid pin like the one provided. Roll pins sure, solid axle pins like that? NOPE! The pin that goes through all of the associated sear parts I've reused on 5 HK trigger jobs now, they're all running deep into the thousands of rounds without issue and without backing out. Additionally if it is the detent spring you're referring to it shouldn't need to change that honestly if it's heavier it doesn't matter I also don't see how that would change literally anything.

I think Gray guns needs to step up and provide directions if there is none. I'm still waiting on mine to do a video and will make sure to check all of the pins and springs to see where they go. I will also test it extensively once assembled. If it's trash, I'll make sure to blast the hell out of it online. Same if it works, and I'll order the two for my LEM's.

While HK makes things complicated internally, every part has its place and is specially sized for an experienced HK armorer or kitchen table apprentice gunsmith who also happens to have a youtube channel..........

I'll do a step by step and y'all can also cross-examine my work after I post the video. I'll also set aside 500 rounds to do a burn down test fire my next day off duty.
    Last edited by navyman8903; 01-06-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Was able to take it to the range and test 100 rounds today. Zero issues so far. Saw marginal improvement on speed bulls at 15. It’s a nice upgrade. Overall, if reliability remains true, I will be happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by thward89 View Post
    Was able to take it to the range and test 100 rounds today. Zero issues so far. Saw marginal improvement on speed bulls at 15. It’s a nice upgrade. Overall, if reliability remains true, I will be happy with it.
    I get mine tomorrow the USPS thing says.....idk why they took so long, but I'll have it in and ready for testing Saturday morning (I work nights).

I’ll be returning mine, unopened and installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I’ll be returning mine, unopened and installed.
    Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Why is that?
    Im happier with the gun with some reduced power springs and 100% function than I would be with probably 100% function and a shorter potential reset - which I don’t ride anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Im happier with the gun with some reduced power springs and 100% function than I would be with probably 100% function and a shorter potential reset - which I don’t ride anyway
    That's fair.

User Tag List