Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Drop in Short Reset for HK

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    @thward89 I bet this will be brought up, from the product page

Not saying it's right, but bet it will play.

"Disclaimer

These parts are intended for installation by a qualified armourer or gunsmith. In some cases professional fitting will be required by a trained, qualified armorer/gunsmith who is very familiar with the pistol’s action. This is due to the varying tolerances present in all mass-produced firearms. Although kits fit with no issues in a great majority of pistols, Grayguns is unable to guarantee perfect functionality in every instance. Grayguns does offer installation services for all parts kits we offer."
    I’m guessing that too. Will be interested to see if this is a pattern or an anomaly.
    Last edited by thward89; 01-05-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Apparently the pin that comes with the kit needs to be installed but I cannot figure out where it installs. Anyone successfully installed one yet?

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by thward89 View Post
    Apparently the pin that comes with the kit needs to be installed but I cannot figure out where it installs. Anyone successfully installed one yet?
    Do you have a photo?

Hammertime
    Received and installed mine last night. Gun would not fire unless I applied pressure on the right side of the slide towards the left. Sent Grayguns an email with video. Won’t hear back until Monday.

I am sorry you are experiencing that. I don’t think there is a safety concern with this kit, but as you demonstrate, there may be a reliability concern.

Let us know what GrayGuns says.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Do you have a photo?
    Name:  E890A2D3-87D6-42B5-9AF9-FE9240BC1D64.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  21.8 KB

It’s is the pin in the picture. It is smaller than the firing pin block pin.

Hammertime

Drop in Short Reset for HK

Name:  E890A2D3-87D6-42B5-9AF9-FE9240BC1D64.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  21.8 KB

It’s is the pin in the picture. It is smaller than the firing pin block pin.
    Not sure but probably replacement roll pin for the extractor or firing pin block? I doubt it has any bearing on your malfunction.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 01-05-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Is it to replace the pin that sticks out of the sear? I haven't had a chance to take mine apart but this was my first though. It makes sense as GG states they designed the control lever to directly trip the sear...this pin may be longer to reach the control lever.

Quote Originally Posted by 22caliberKIDD View Post
    Is it to replace the pin that sticks out of the sear? I haven't had a chance to take mine apart but this was my first though. It makes sense as GG states they designed the control lever to directly trip the sear...this pin may be longer to reach the control lever.

It is! Once I replaced that pin (which is a nightmare), everything is functioning as it should.

Initial thoughts?

It is! Once I replaced that pin (which is a nightmare), everything is functioning as it should.
    Awesome! Glad to hear it's up and running. What do you think of it?

I'm hoping to install mine soon.

User Tag List