Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Randi Rogers left Glock this morning

It always amazes me how people with such little information can come up with such conclusions. This one has gotten all the way to Glock getting shut down by the EU.

Randi Rogers had an offer from another company a few months ago but declined. Either she has rethought the offer, they upped their offer, or an even better one came along.

Sevingny didn't leave Glock by his own choosing, and other than to say that his leaving wasn't shooting related, it is best to not rehash all of that issue.

Jessie departed from Glock after she got an agent and decided to test the market.

Glock survived the loss of JulieG who from a marketing perspective was a much, much greater loss. She is nothing but 100% win on multiple levels.

Folks interested in competitive shooting pay attention to what goes on in the competitive shooting world; others, not so much. So the black jerseys won't win as many trophies this year, I expect the company will carry on just fine despite that. On the other hand, what's to say Glock won't go out and snag a big name away from somebody else or come up with a of deal for some cop in Ohio to wear their jersey?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I was alluding to the Gen 4 thread drift, sorry.

I don't really have more than a passing interest in the business end of sports, as is witnessed by the fact that I'm probably the only person in my area code who is not in choked-up mourning over Peyton right now.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Somehow I think Glock doesn't depend as much on it's shooting sports division as we would think. It provides approximately 70% of the LE market in this country and who knows how much of the world police and military market. I bet Glock survives.

Ted Murphy posted on the IDPA forum that Michael Bane was reporting she was leaving Glock for Comp-Tac. I think Glock will survive. Three people down to 1 junior shooter on their "Team" is no biggie. I also think that the 70% figure is an inflation of the numbers. The M&P is making big dents into the Glock LEO market share. As for their Gen 4 products, my wife was just issued a Gen 4 G-21 earlier this week. For some reason they exchanged their G-21 SF's that they've only had 2 years. Her comments were along the lines of people were having FTF issues with them on the firing line. If there is an achilles heel for Glock it will be their Gen 4 pistols, not their competitive shooters.

Randi is indeed working for Comp-Tac. I just got a press release from them.

Reading the story here;

http://www.shootingwire.com/

It all makes sense now.

User Tag List