Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 pistol-forum.com CCW Survey

'Tis a blast. I call it my monster truck. I also have a full carbon fiber 6" travel dual suspension mountain bike with Fox remote reservoir shocks that I call my "Raptor" (after the pickup, with similar suspension tech). It absolutely crushes dry trails. But I think I have more fun going slow on the fat bike in the mud & snow. Great exercise for both myself & the dog. The dog definitely prefers the fast bike though

Mountain biking in general is what converted me from 1911s and SFA pistols for AIWB carry. I enjoy the fact my P30SK has a 10lb DA trigger pull (I have a decocking LEM ), a hammer block and TWO firing pin blocks in the slide while I'm flinging myself down steep single track.

It's also the reason I evangelize for a single stack p30/p2000 at every opportunity lol
    Last edited by ChaseN; 01-17-2019 at 07:16 PM.

G19.4, G43, P3AT about 75%, 20%, 5% respectively. Been that way since late 2017 when I got rid of the P320 (was going to say “dropped” ) and LC9s.

Will soon be trying AIWB, and the 19.4 may become a 19.5MOS and gain an optic later this year. We’ll see.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I've never heard the term "fat biking" before, but that looks really cool!
    It's funny; as someone who prefers road bikes on 25mm or narrower tires, that much rotating mass makes my legs hurt just looking at it!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    It's funny; as someone who prefers road bikes on 25mm or narrower tires, that much rotating mass makes my legs hurt just looking at it!
    Ditto, although my favorite setup is 28mm tires on wide rims so they measure 30mm. Up where you live a fat bike would make sense; down here in Louisiana, not so much.

We probably need to steer this back to the survey...

ETA: Went from CZ-75B to full-size PX4 in '18, and added a P99C as a smaller option. Various S&W K, L, and N frame revolvers made guest appearances, as did my 1.0 M&P45.
    Last edited by revchuck38; 01-17-2019 at 09:45 PM.

I also have a 38c road/gravel race bike.* Road biking makes you fit, fat biking makes you STRONG!

* to keep this on-topic, I carry a gadget equipped G43 (soon to be 43x) AIWB on the gravel grinder, due to the more aggressive riding position and substantially lower likelihood of tumbling a great distance in case of a wreck. Would still rather carry a single stack hammer fired HK tho.
    Last edited by ChaseN; 01-17-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Up where you live a fat bike would make sense; down here in Louisiana, not so much.
    Only in the winter, and since I live in the Twin Cities metro area, well, let's just say that winter biking in a city is pretty much miserable (slippery, sloppy, dirty, and cold is not fun), so I gave that up over a decade ago. My winter biking is limited to whatever I can persuade myself to do on an indoor trainer. Re: being on-topic: I made my quota of on-topic posts for this thread a while ago - now I'm just hanging out waiting for the survey results to show up, so I don't feel bad about a little thread drift.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    so I don't feel bad about a little thread drift.
    You twisted my arm

Name:  IMG_20181231_162901_656.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  100.7 KB

*all pistols are secured before celebratory woods beers. In holsters. Where they belong.

I input my data days ago.

I'm not clear as to the intended purpose of this survey. Yes, there are carry set-ups that are widely known to be robust and reliable. But different humans have different needs/preferences based on many different factors.

Is the purpose of this survey to determine what is more popular? Is it to validate one's selection/preference after seeing those of others? In other words, if any given human carries X at a high level of comfort (not physical but emotional) and can deploy it reliably and skillfully, why would one look to a survey of what other humans carry? Pure curiosity? OK, that's perfectly fine. But what else?

Not pooh-poohing the survey. Just trying to better understand the objective.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @Nephrology, time for the results yet?
    It is indeed - I have been swamped with work and am likely working over this weekend but I'll try to do some analysis on MLK Day. Sorry for the delay folks.

That's pretty cool, nice work!

User Tag List