Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't get the Glock Grip cliche - evidence

Site Supporter
    In a year of two, it will be I can't shoot a Glock 43X or 48 because ...

Anyway, I'm dithering whether a 10 round single stack gives me anything beyond my G26 which I shoot well. The 26 is wider but shorter in the grip for concealment. I also have lots of compatible higher cap mags but I never really use them in the 26 for carry. I have this notion, that I want the grip to be constant with reloads.

Of course, one just buy one of these because ...

I think I like my idea of a single stack 45 GAP revival (shoot me before I propose something again). 8 shots + 1 and slim. That would be a nice gun for ban state. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    In a year of two, it will be I can't shoot a Glock 43X or 48 because ...

Anyway, I'm dithering whether a 10 round single stack gives me anything beyond my G26 which I shoot well. The 26 is wider but shorter in the grip for concealment. I also have lots of compatible higher cap mags but I never really use them in the 26 for carry. I have this notion, that I want the grip to be constant with reloads.

Of course, one just buy one of these because ...

I think I like my idea of a single stack 45 GAP revival (shoot me before I propose something again). 8 shots + 1 and slim. That would be a nice gun for ban state. Sigh.
    I am kind of at the same roadblock right now.. my G26.5 is the best shooting Glock that I own and even though it is slightly thicker, the short grip makes carrying it a breeze. I also benefit from the fact that I have absolutely zero trouble shooting guns with only two fingers on the grip. The hump on the G26 wedges itself perfectly in my hand. I’ve also heard this being the case for people who hate the hump on the larger frames.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I was thinking of redoing the sights on my G19. I find myself carrying the 26 much more than the 19 and shooting the G4 17 at matches as I really like the gun. I might ditch the 19 for something? Keep the mags for my Ruger PCC. I have a slew of 10 round G19 mags that I bought cheap when the AWB was lifted and they became silly except for the new bans on the state levels. I could use them when traveling with the carbine.

I got the 19, second Gen cheap as a refurbished gun ditched by some guy who needed the money. So I wouldn't take a big loss on selling it.

Such decisions.

It's not that I can't shoot Glocks well it's just that I'm very likely to find shots left of where I called them. That frustrates me to no end. It's a shooter issue but the feedback isn't there so that I can figure out how to correct it.

Site Supporter
    FWIW: I tend to throw shots left with the Glock Compact/Sub-Compact 'target' trigger, the one with a stepped face. With the flat faced one from full sized guns the problem is greatly reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Anyway, I'm dithering whether a 10 round single stack gives me anything beyond my G26 which I shoot well. The 26 is wider but shorter in the grip for concealment. I also have lots of compatible higher cap mags but I never really use them in the 26 for carry. I have this notion, that I want the grip to be constant with reloads....
    I’m guessing the primary difference will be manipulation, such as draw speed, securing a grip in the holster, reloads, etc. In terms of pure shooting, the 26 doesn’t give up much at all to the larger guns.

I’m sure I will end up with one at some point but I’m not sure it will be a 26 replacement.
    Last edited by LSP552; 01-02-2019 at 02:50 PM.

On the G26 vs G43X/G48 debate, that's a no brainer for me. If you shoot the G26 well, and can reload it well enough (remember the thread where we as a collective hive mind decided reloading is a pretty unimportant skill, in the grand scheme of things, because there are VERY few incidents in which a private citizen needed to reload during a gunfight?), then why the actual fuck would you want a pistol that's harder to conceal with the same capacity that can't be fed off your existing full capacity magazines?

I get the "new shiny, WANT" response - I feel it all the time. But, if you DON'T live in a magazine retarded, I mean restricted state, and you don't have issues shooting/running the G26, then why bother? Keep in mind, from a concealment perspective, these new Glocks are the same length in the grip as a G19, and only .1" thinner in the grip...

If you're stuck in a ban state, or you live in Canada, then either/both make sense if you HAVE TO have a GLOCK. For me, I'll stick with what I've got - G19, G26, and P365...

A g19 gen 4 was the first handgun i ever bought. It required a bit of work (WSD HRED, Apex FRE, and trigger guard undercut)

At first i didn't like it, so i moved on to a PPQ. I then got a G19X and i realized i was the weak point, not the gun.

As for everyone else, a vast majority of shooters struggle to make hits at 15 yards, even with high end 1911's, yet will still say how they can't shoot a glock well due to X, Y, or Z.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    On the G26 vs G43X/G48 debate, that's a no brainer for me. If you shoot the G26 well, and can reload it well enough (remember the thread where we as a collective hive mind decided reloading is a pretty unimportant skill, in the grand scheme of things, because there are VERY few incidents in which a private citizen needed to reload during a gunfight?), then why the actual fuck would you want a pistol that's harder to conceal with the same capacity that can't be fed off your existing full capacity magazines?

I get the "new shiny, WANT" response - I feel it all the time. But, if you DON'T live in a magazine retarded, I mean restricted state, and you don't have issues shooting/running the G26, then why bother? Keep in mind, from a concealment perspective, these new Glocks are the same length in the grip as a G19, and only .1" thinner in the grip...

If you're stuck in a ban state, or you live in Canada, then either/both make sense if you HAVE TO have a GLOCK. For me, I'll stick with what I've got - G19, G26, and P365...
    I'm not clear why there is a debate. Some people want what jumps out of this picture is all.

I've been EDC'ing a G45 for a few months since I shot it. Because of the shooting.

But I can tell the comfort difference IWB of a 43.

If the history of the 42 nobody wanted or the 43 that came too late is any guide, about half the Glock faithful will have one of the new models. Need, per se, probably not. 😉

Attachment 33906
    Last edited by JHC; 01-05-2019 at 09:49 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Finally got to the range

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    To clarify my question, have you shot you M&P with each of the three different grip inserts and compared the results ?

Do you shoot better with the small, med or large insert ? The results may surprise you.

The M&P has its strengths and in my experience one if those is its is the softest shooting 40 and 45 caliber service pistol .
    Well I finally got to the range today with my M&P 2.0 full-size 45acp. With this conversation in mind, I went from the small which feels good in the hand, to the medium-large. The M-L grip gives more to hold onto. I also liked the way this grip felt in the hand. I shot 130 rounds of 230g Golden Saber from a seated position from the 7 yard line. I shot from a rest. This is how I shot for a group with the small insert on my first outing. With the M-L grip my groups were just a tad smaller, but I felt my shooting was more consistent as evidenced by shooting several groups. I know 7 yards isn't much but it is what it is.

I guess I was initially hesitant changing from a small grip to a larger size. I didn't want to turn the grip into a Glock...haha. While larger, the M_L grip is what I am sticking with. Thanks for the tip HCM! I am up to 1,010 trouble-free rounds now.
    Last edited by JAH 3rd; 01-23-2019 at 05:49 PM.

User Tag List