Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: .38 Special 110gr +P+ Treasury Load still made...really!?

Quote Originally Posted by medic15al View Post
    Federal discontinued their 9BP on their website, so I figger the BPLE may be as well. I'll say that it has been wicked accurate in most 9mm I have had.
    Even better for me than the 9BP and 9BPLE accuracy wise has been the XM9001 which alleged to be a +P loading developed for/sold to the RCMP. It is not marked +P, but velocity (1225) falls between 9BP (1180) and 9BPLE (1300). It shoots 2" or better at 20 yards out of a bunch of my guns.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Besides .45 colt and .357 did any other caliber have success with silvertips?

Pistol rounds. I liked the .30-30 stuff
    .41 Magnum 175 grain Silvertip. Still a thing if you're into .41 mags.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Even better for me than the 9BP and 9BPLE accuracy wise has been the XM9001 which alleged to be a +P loading developed for/sold to the RCMP. It is not marked +P, but velocity (1225) falls between 9BP (1180) and 9BPLE (1300). It shoots 2" or better at 20 yards out of a bunch of my guns.
    I have my last 30 rounds of that XM9001 in 2 of my first out mags for my 5904!

Site Supporter

I've heard it works fairly well in .41 Mag.

ETA: Shoot, posted this before I finished the thread.

.41 Magnum 175 grain Silvertip. Still a thing if you're into .41 mags.
    Yup, forgot about those.

I believe the 10mm 175gr silvertip worked well too.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

For sure. The best of that particular old school.

Site Supporter
    I bought a case of this a few years ago and agree it is extremely accurate and clean shooting. Gave my son 100 rounds of it when he moved off to Baltimore and took my P228 with him. Still have a bunch of it left and have carried it in my G26.
    It only chronographed slightly less than my small stash of 9BPLE in my old G19. 1225 vs 1258 FPS. Good stuff and hopefully another batch will turn up soon.

Site Supporter
    I wish speer would bring these back out maybe in the Lawman line. I still have a box of them but I don't trust that 'clean' priming in ammo this old for carry.

Just happened to have these two little guys sitting on my desk. Nobody at work had ever heard of them so I brought them for show and tell. I always thought that the .44 should have had a bigger hole in it.

User Tag List