Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: .38 Special 110gr +P+ Treasury Load still made...really!?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    the nickel-plated sissy blaster.
    Now there's something you don't find every day.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith E. View Post
    Yes, but do you have any of the tubular .44SPL?

Keith
    I still have a partial box of that in the archives - it's hell on raccoons...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    So I found a Winchester .38 Special JHP round in my box of odd ball cartridges. The headstamp is WCC+P+/88. A quick Google landed me on this https://revolverguy.com/ammo-evoluti...treasury-load/ and answered my immediate questions. I found the back story to be very interesting.

For shits and giggles I simply googled for Winchester +P+ .38 Special and found this gem http://winchesterle.com/Lists%2FCata...FRA38110HP.pdf which begs the question - what entity/ies still uses this load?

FWIW, I do understand the Winchester link may just be a "Ghost of Internet Past".
    The Virginia state ammunition contract lists the +P+ 110 JHP load available for $168.60/case. I have no idea if anyone actually uses this stuff anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    The Virginia state ammunition contract lists the +P+ 110 JHP load available for $168.60/case. I have no idea if anyone actually uses this stuff anymore.
    For $169 a case, I be damn willing to start, at least at the range.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    My best guess:

Not only are old people generally set in their ways, but I've found that people from the age of gun-rags being the primary form of education are especially hard-headed and resistant to any information from more reputable sources.

Combine the two and we have the answer to why Hydrashok, 9BPLE, Silver Tip, Treasury Load, etc are still in production.

Well . . . Silver Tip has a good reputation in revolvers, while 9BPLE is extremely accurate and cheaper than most other hollow points, so it is a good choice for accuracy shooting. Besides, it blows up groundhogs pretty well, and some say it does the same on wild dogs and coyotes, though it might be somewhat less than optimal for plus sized human. Treasury load is also pretty good on small furry pests, and sometimes you can buy it real cheap.

Hydrashok? Well, you see, it creates a shockwave in the liquid in a human body that causes massive damage as the projectile acts as a buzz saw . . . . and thus acts much like an RPG warhead. Or at least that is what I think the salesman said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Well . . . Silver Tip has a good reputation in revolvers, while 9BPLE is extremely accurate and cheaper than most other hollow points, so it is a good choice for accuracy shooting. Besides, it blows up groundhogs pretty well, and some say it does the same on wild dogs and coyotes, though it might be somewhat less than optimal for plus sized human. Treasury load is also pretty good on small furry pests, and sometimes you can buy it real cheap.

Hydrashok? Well, you see, it creates a shockwave in the liquid in a human body that causes massive damage as the projectile acts as a buzz saw . . . . and thus acts much like an RPG warhead. Or at least that is what I think the salesman said.
    Nothing to my knowledge will EVER beat the Extreme Shock advertising, down to the photoshopping a white dude into a black dude.

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    Nothing to my knowledge will EVER beat the Extreme Shock advertising, down to the photoshopping a white dude into a black dude.
    Lmfao. I remember Extreme Shock's amazing advertising, but I missed that one I think.

I had so many boxes of Treasury Load, I started using it as range ammo, and carried it in my 640. I swapped the carry rounds out for wadcutters about a year back or so.

Those 200gr LRN look interesting.. I'd like to research the history of that load .,

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Lmfao. I remember Extreme Shock's amazing advertising, but I missed that one I think.
    Enjoy

Name:  extreme-shock-ammunition.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  63.5 KB

User Tag List