Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: .38 Special 110gr +P+ Treasury Load still made...really!?

This load is much less than ideal--there are a lot better choices available....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    This load is much less than ideal--there are a lot better choices available....
    Took Doc's advice and switched to Gold Dot 135 grain +P s and FBI 158 Load by Remington in my 4 " 586

Way way back in the day ..... we carried the Treasury Load ( Remington ) in our 4" Smith 65s. Never had an Officer Involved Shooting with that load, so cant tell you about actual shooting results.

I was told we went with the Treasury Load , cause our Agency bosses , would not allow Magnums ( 65s are 357 Magnum guns) so the Ranger Master wanted the " hottest " 38 Special load he could get.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I figure I can retire selling this stuff one round at a time:
    In the 1990's as a rookie paramedic, I security guarded (even a word?) a good bit to pull extra cash, and I carried and shot untold hundreds of that Cor-Bon 158 and 115 +P+ .38 Special ammo when limited to .38 revolver only posts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Well . . . Silver Tip has a good reputation in revolvers, while 9BPLE is extremely accurate and cheaper than most other hollow points, so it is a good choice for accuracy shooting. Besides, it blows up groundhogs pretty well, and some say it does the same on wild dogs and coyotes, though it might be somewhat less than optimal for plus sized human. Treasury load is also pretty good on small furry pests, and sometimes you can buy it real cheap.

Hydrashok? Well, you see, it creates a shockwave in the liquid in a human body that causes massive damage as the projectile acts as a buzz saw . . . . and thus acts much like an RPG warhead. Or at least that is what I think the salesman said.
    Federal discontinued their 9BP on their website, so I figger the BPLE may be as well. I'll say that it has been wicked accurate in most 9mm I have had.

Especially the epidomy of 9mm tech... The S&W 5904. Them plastic toys are a fad!!!!

357 Magnum 145 Silvertips took down werewolves with fist-sized entry holes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by medic15al View Post
    In the 1990's as a rookie paramedic, I security guarded (even a word?) a good bit to pull extra cash, and I carried and shot untold hundreds of that Cor-Bon 158 and 115 +P+ .38 Special ammo when limited to .38 revolver only posts!
    That old Cor-Bon 158 is nothing to trifle with. I shot a lot of bowling pins with that round, and it would take ‘em off if you got the hits, no problem. I prefer that old round to the new buffalo bore. 1000-1050 is enough. I’m not sure a LSWCHP needs to be going 1150 out of a 3-4" K-frame.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I figure I can retire selling this stuff one round at a time:
    Good memories... thanks for sharing !

Quote Originally Posted by medic15al View Post
    Federal discontinued their 9BP on their website, so I figger the BPLE may be as well. I'll say that it has been wicked accurate in most 9mm I have had.

Especially the epidomy of 9mm tech... The S&W 5904. Them plastic toys are a fad!!!!

357 Magnum 145 Silvertips took down werewolves with fist-sized entry holes!!!
    Besides .45 colt and .357 did any other caliber have success with silvertips?

Pistol rounds. I liked the .30-30 stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

Alleged to have been the best performer in .32 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

45 ACP was decent in early 80s as a 185 grain load. I haven't seen it in a while, tho. Didn't penetrate all that great but it did expand well in deer and broadside pig shots. (domestic pigs)

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Alleged to have been the best performer in .32 ACP.
    A good expander, but it makes 6-7" in gel.

In hunting rifle loads, I think Silvertip has been around since the 40s or so right? I think have a book with pics of .348 Winchester Silvertip somewhere, as well as a bunch of other formerly popular American hunting calibers.

ETA: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...lvertip-bullet

Wow. .300 H&H Silvertip-- if "energy dump" is appropriate for any load, it's that one.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 04-12-2020 at 12:32 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List