Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .38 Special 110gr +P+ Treasury Load still made...really!?

.38 Special 110gr +P+ Treasury Load still made...really!?

So I found a Winchester .38 Special JHP round in my box of odd ball cartridges. The headstamp is WCC+P+/88. A quick Google landed me on this https://revolverguy.com/ammo-evoluti...treasury-load/ and answered my immediate questions. I found the back story to be very interesting.

For shits and giggles I simply googled for Winchester +P+ .38 Special and found this gem http://winchesterle.com/Lists%2FCata...FRA38110HP.pdf which begs the question - what entity/ies still uses this load?

FWIW, I do understand the Winchester link may just be a "Ghost of Internet Past".

My best guess:

Not only are old people generally set in their ways, but I've found that people from the age of gun-rags being the primary form of education are especially hard-headed and resistant to any information from more reputable sources.

Combine the two and we have the answer to why Hydrashok, 9BPLE, Silver Tip, Treasury Load, etc are still in production.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    My best guess:

Not only are old people generally set in their ways, but I've found that people from the age of gun-rags being the primary form of education are especially hard-headed and resistant to any information from more reputable sources.

Combine the two and we have the answer to why Hydrashok, 9BPLE, Silver Tip, Treasury Load, etc are still in production.
    Winchester would make bank from those same people if they'd revive the Black Talon line.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Winchester would make bank from those same people if they'd revive the Black Talon line.
    When you retire from your current gig you can make big bucks at the gunshow selling “new black talons” all you need is a box of Winchester Ranger ammo and a sharpie.

I figure I can retire selling this stuff one round at a time:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I've got a box's worth of .44 Mag BTs. If I only still had the box I could make some money. I'll probably shoot them up this winter for the brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I recently shot a full box of that Remington 200 grain stuff. Very pleasant in my 442, but a tad smokey.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post

Pretty sure just seeing the Thunderzap T.H.O.R. box at least doubled my testosterone. Gonna drink some Brawndo now. Takemymoney.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    I recently shot a full box of that Remington 200 grain stuff. Very pleasant in my 442, but a tad smokey.
    First thing I thought when I saw the pic was that I should try to handload something like that.....

Seeing the cor-bon 158 gr +P+ "RCMP" load makes me want to go kill a bowling pin, like, right now.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List