Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buckshot (#00 = ounces?)

buckshot (#00 = ounces?)

Approx. how many ounces is 8 pellets of #00 (Fed LE13300 if it makes any difference).
    My Google-Fu is weak this morning.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

What about 15 pellets of Fed #1 buckshot = ? ounces as well if anyone can answer.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Never mind, found what i'm looking for.
    8 pellets of #00 = 400 grains = 0.91 ounces
    15 pellets of #1 = 495 grains = 1.13 ounces

15 pellets of #1 buck provide a lot more tissue crush area than 8 pellets of #00........
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    15 pellets of #1 buck provide a lot more tissue crush area than 8 pellets of #00........
    If you can find it...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    My "go to" load is the 15 pellet #1 FC.

I was needing the grains/ounces to work out what the minimum power factor is that my Benelli M4 is 100% at (clean, dirty, hot, cold), so I have something to give me an easy way to know whether a load will more than likely run before buying a case of it to actually test ie: waste less cash on ammo that's borderline.

It's 100% over several cases of FC #1 at a PF of 544, 100% with Winchester #7 1/2 with a PF of 590.
    It is about 90% when shooting 8 pellet "low recoil" #00 FC which comes out to a PF of 458. Works fine on hot days when the gun is well lubed, not so great on really cold days.
    From here on out I probably won't be buying anything below a PF of 500-525 or so to feed thru my M4.

It looks like if I can't find FC #1 when I run out, I'll probably switch to full power 8 or 9 pellet FC #00 and skip the low recoil stuff for reliability in the M4.
    Last edited by JodyH; 12-30-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Never mind, found what i'm looking for.
    8 pellets of #00 = 400 grains = 0.91 ounces
    15 pellets of #1 = 495 grains = 1.13 ounces
    I looked for this some time ago w regard to my M2 and came up a bit higher in weight,

00 8*54= 432 gr or 0.98 oz
    #1 15*40= 600 gr or 1 3/8 oz

From google search: http://www.ashlandlakegunclub.org/ta...shot_info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I looked for this some time ago w regard to my M2 and came up a bit higher in weight,

00 8*54= 432 gr or 0.98 oz
    #1 15*40= 600 gr or 1 3/8 oz

From google search: http://www.ashlandlakegunclub.org/ta...shot_info.html
    I was going by the weights here:
    https://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box...ol-1-buckshot/

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Looks like he measured a pellet at 0.286 and calculated from there. Industry standard for #1 is 0.30, and 0.33 for 00.

In the end it doesn’t really make a whole lot of difference. For me #1 is 100% in my M2, 8 or 9 pellet reduced recoil are iffy and depend on the lot, some better than others.

So I bought some full power FC to make my #1 last until the next time it’s available.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Looks like he measured a pellet at 0.286 and calculated from there. Industry standard for #1 is 0.30, and 0.33 for 00.

In the end it doesn’t really make a whole lot of difference. For me #1 is 100% in my M2, 8 or 9 pellet reduced recoil are iffy and depend on the lot, some better than others.

So I bought some full power FC to make my #1 last until the next time it’s available.
    Yea, even upping the 8 pellet #00 weight still puts it <500 PF.

User Tag List