Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dillon 550 frame breaks after many-many rounds

Site Supporter
    Press was dedicated to small primer loads. Never changed, adjusted, etc. the priming system. Not sure what may have happened with original owner but that was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I think this is why Dillon says to take it easy on the torque when installing the primer feeder/magazine assembly on the 550... IIRC over-tightening contributes to this happening.
    It’s because the steel Allen screws will deform the aluminum housing which then interferes with the primer slide.

BTDT
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    It’s because the steel Allen screws will deform the aluminum housing which then interferes with the primer slide.

BTDT

Ahh... that is correct. I've ran into that issue too. I added a JW Systems bearing/plate and cleaned mine up at the same time recently. Much smoother operation, and no sticking. I've been tempted to box up my whole press and send it in for an overhaul/rebuild... mine was used when I got it, and is the older style from before they started adding grease zerks for the pins.

Link to JW systems part: https://www.amazon.com/JW-Systems-Di.../dp/B01L9Q2TX4

Site Supporter
    Update - got my new Dillon 550 frame yesterday. Will bolt it back on my Strong Mount and get it set back up. A very pleased Dillon owner.

User Tag List