Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two-Point Sling Recommendation for 590A1?

I like the sling set ups where you can sling it in front of you like an AR. Plus this allows you to still use American or African carry. I have used the padded Vickers sling in classes with Awerbuck and Haught. Easy to sling that way with the Magpul stock, you just need a sling plate adapter for the forend. I'm sure GG&G has something.

I don't like the sling plate that goes between the receiver and stock. When you go to sling it has a tendency to hang at more of an angle as opposed to muzzle straight down, and it's easier to inadvertently laser peoples feet.

I'm only running one personal shotgun with a two point (Jones Tactical on a M1 Super 90). Everything else has a Magpul stock with their SGA single point adapter, and I use the Magpul multi-mission or whatever they call it sling.

I do submit that if you are going to sling the shotty across your body that you not use one of those muzzle cap/swivel combos that rotates. The gun will roll away from the body. If you are going to African carry, this doesn't matter.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I'm planning on taking a shotgun class from some guy named Weems when he comes to TX in June.
    Pray tell, when and where is this class?

I looked on Eventbrite and it was not listed. I am always down for some shotgun schooling.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Pray tell, when and where is this class?

I looked on Eventbrite and it was not listed. I am always down for some shotgun schooling.
    It’ll be a KR training in June.

One day will be Deliberate Speed Pistol.

One day will be Social Shotgun/Levergun Manipulations.

I’m in the process of updating course descriptions.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Excellent, thank you Chief!

I should have some fun 12-gauge toys out of NFA jail by then.

User Tag List