Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Verboten but not...

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    BUSTED
    Don't worry, I've got my eye on one of the Rock River 1911s, I wish they'd do a polymer CCO in 9mm. I'd have one as soon as I could.

fckng awesome. do it... doooooo it...
    I'll see what I can do, but I've got to head back to Chiraq tomorrow and ballistic knives in IL = No-No, so this thing goes back in the safe very soon.

I always wanted one, for no reason other than having one was frowned upon.

+1 for video, stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I always wanted one, for no reason other than having one was frowned upon.

+1 for video, stat.
    While somersaulting through a flaming hoop, cuz that's how the Spetznaz did it...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Says the guy with the poly framed single stack polymer 1911.

I’ll have to build a target, because this thing is supremely powerful. A uspsa across the living room would result in a punctured wall.
    Yak yak yak yak stop teasing us and show evidence.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The Soviet 'Pilum' or 'Ballistic Knife' has long been a want of mine, but for a very long time, the law surrounding them was murky and unclear. Recently, it's become clear(er) that acquisition or manufacture of a ballistic knife is legal as long as your intent is not to resale the device in interstate commerce. After searching for a long time, I finally found one that I could purchase in my state of residence and thus not affecting interstate commerce. Even better I always wanted a Variant 3 like that depicted on the cover of Greg Walker's Springblade series of novels from the 1980s (perhaps the source of my desire? ). I purchased the knife months ago and had it shipped home, but hadn't had a chance to open and inspect it prior to a few days ago. Is it perfect? No, this is one of the newer versions, not made to the same degree as the Russian ones, but it's still pretty awesome and satisfies an itch some 20+ years in the making. Plus, the taboo makes it more fun to have.

Attachment 33638

Attachment 33639

Attachment 33640
    That would make a bold statement at the next EWO.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    That would make a bold statement at the next EWO.....
    Dude.. @SouthNarc - I think this needs to happen. Would have to be in a state where ballistic knives are legal to possess (Texas would be one).

OMG, a blast from the past....

I ordered one of those back in the 1970's, out of the back of Soldier of Fortune magazine. If yours is like mine was, sanding the tubular portions with some 800-grit then 1200-grit wet sandpaper will prove beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    The idea of having something that is not up to Soviet manufacturing standards...
    Our finest Soviet workmanship, comrade.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List