Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Apex J-Frame Duty/Carry Spring Kit Review

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    It was.
    No good if it don't shoot EVERY TIME YOU PULL THE TRIGGER!

Just fired off another 80 rounds. No issues. Looks like the kit didn't gel with my 442.

After putting an Apex kit in my M&P 340 some time ago, it failed to go bang anywhere from very occasionally to as much as 40% of the time depending on type of ammo and type of primer. The factory mainspring went back in, and it's been 100% reliable since then. The rest of the Apex parts are still in place. Just had it out tonight with HBWC reloads and Winchester primers, and it ran well.

After the initial problems I kept the misfires, and a few days later after swapping the factory mainspring back in those same rounds fired every time.
    Last edited by Salamander; 02-07-2019 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    After putting an Apex kit in my M&P 340 some time ago, it failed to go bang anywhere from very occasionally to as much as 40% of the time depending on type of ammo and type of primer. The factory mainspring went back in, and it's been 100% reliable since then. The rest of the Apex parts are still in place. Just had it out tonight with HBWC reloads and Winchester primers, and it ran well.

After the initial problems I kept the misfires, and a few days later after swapping the factory mainspring back in those same rounds fired every time.
    All my misfires went off on the second strike with the Apex kit. I was using factory ammo - PMC, Remington, and Speer. Previous to and subsequently from the kit I have had no issues with those brands.

User Tag List