Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GunfighterU

GunfighterU

So as you probably know John McPhee has an online package where you pay a fee and send in a video for analysis. He does the analysis using Coaches Eye and sends you back his take on improvements you should make. I can't get to one of his classes anytime soon so I was considering purchasing one of his online sessions.

To my questions;

1. Anyone here ever done one of these? if so please share you thoughts.

2. Is this type platform useful? Is it worth it?

Thanks, SCD

I'd look for a local M or GM if you are looking to improve technical ability.

What are you looking to improve on?

I set up an iPhone on a tripod and ran Coach's Eye on myself a while back. I found some opportunities for more efficient movement.

I like that the tool indisputably shows what the subject is *really* doing as opposed to what the subject *feels* he or she is doing.

Thanks to this thread, I'll probably set it up again soon. I would love to do some deep analysis of that time between coming out of the holster and bang. When where my sights at eye level? When did I get on the trigger? Was that a real press out or did I just think I pressed out?

As far as someone else doing the analysis, I think it could be beneficial if the angle is good and everything important is in the frame.
    Last edited by Edster; 12-28-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I'd look for a local M or GM if you are looking to improve technical ability.

What are you looking to improve on?
    I'm just looking for an evaluation of overall fundamentals from someone who knows more than me. As most have experienced, another perspective sometimes points out things you should do different.
    David

Pistol, carbine or both?

Are you a member of your local IDPA or USPSA club?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I've done it in person and thought the feedback was immensely helpful. I haven't tried his online version, but it should be same-same.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Pistol, carbine or both?

Are you a member of your local IDPA or USPSA club?
    Pistol, No I'm not.
    David

I'm sure you know what question is coming next [emoji57]

Right after I took a class with Shrek, my blog partner @LJP did the Gunfighter U thing. Here is his AAR. Hope it helps:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...line-training/

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Right after I took a class with Shrek, my blog partner @LJP did the Gunfighter U thing. Here is his AAR. Hope it helps:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...line-training/
    I’m working every weekend in 2019, so stuff like this is something I need to take advantage of. Great AAR, then again you two guys always do them well. Cheers!
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

User Tag List