Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Glock Grip and Trigger Interface

Most semi auto shooters don’t shoot well enough to know their different loads made have varying POI.

Let’s consider variables that could effect POA/POI. In no particular order.

1. Sight dimensions.

2. Sight design (Heinie offset right).

3. Sight installation. (Glock shipping many G5 pistols with the rear sight a smidge right).

4. How that particular pistol is built.

5. The position of the sun. Light condition generally.

6. Shooter’s eyes.

7) Shooter’s technique.

8) Different load and even different lot of ammo.

9) Distance shot at.

10) Shooting position — freestyle versus rested.

11) Trigger components and characteristics.

12) Backstrap, GFA etc, installed

13) Speed of shots fired.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'm in this last boat - and limited to the "smidge" for GLOCKs only. Does that mean I should abandon a platform that I'm heavily invested in (duplicate pistols, mags, holsters, NSs, etc), have hundreds of thousands of training rounds through, and have years of experience running well AS LONG AS THE SIGHTS ARE DRIFTED? I don't believe so, especially since attempts to switch to other platforms have consistently led to shooting "straighter" (e.g. COM hits with no sight adjustment), but have proven to not be as effective in shooting at speed, overall accuracy, etc, not to mention moving to platforms that cost more, weigh more, have lower capacity, are harder to maintain, and/or all of the above...

I'm not disagreeing with anything you wrote, spinmove - and you're an exceptionally talented shooter. I just don't want a herd of folks to drop their current pistol because "it shoots right/left for me..."
    And that’s why I said “consider” instead of “definitely should”. If the platform works for you in literally every other way, then drive on, especially if you have that much invested. Honestly it was more for the persons whom might have one or two pistols and maybe a few mags and that’s it.

Personally I think most people can make most platforms work for them in some sense or another. But sometimes it comes down to “does this really actually fit the shooter OPTIMALLY”. Unless you’re mandated to shoot something specific, there’s a literal smorgasbord of options out there and a good chunk of them are really solid options. I just want to make sure people aren’t pigeonholing themselves into something they have to constantly fight. There is no perfect pistol out there, but there are options out there that require fewer changes to make optimal than others.

And thank you for the kind words, but at the end of the day I’m just some doofus on the internet with an opinion. ;P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    From my personal experience and actually having some time behind a 92 the second half of this year, I attribute it to a few different factors.

1.) The tight trigger well on Glocks
    2.) The hump on the back of the grip on Glocks
    3.) The odd shaping of the bottom of the trigger guard on Glocks
    4.) The lightweight material of the Glock frame
    5.) The Glock trigger characteristics

Factors 1-3 are ergonomic issues. You can mold yourself to work around them with enough practice or your may simply be lucky enough to have it feel somewhat natural to you. Factor 4 simply means your consistency in grip pressure needs to be on point. Factor 5, from what it sounds like, has been at least partially corrected by Gen 5 Glocks.

All of this is not to say that Glocks suck. It’s basically my thoughts on why Glocks are just unforgiving. It also seems to be why so many other platforms are more forgiving. It also seems to me that Glocks benefit most from some plastic surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In my limited experience, I have to agree here 100%. When I have issues with shots going left (G17), I have been able to take a moment and do some dry-firing while carefully watching the sight alignment. Lo and behold, I can detect the slight left movement of the front sight as the shot breaks if I don't apply proper support hand grip. It just seems that the Glock is very dependent on the support hand having much more control than what I have experienced in years of shooting revolvers, 1911s, and Berettas. Yes, I think "unforgiving" is the best description for the Glock.

User Tag List