Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: “Why do you carry a gun?”

bottom line

There are unfortunately hundreds of examples we can and should be aware of. The bottom line, no person should feel threatened or face a life taking situation, without having the power to have an input on the outcome. There is an old saying I believe the SAS use, "Bad people do, because good people don't". I change it to read, "Bad people do, because good people cann't/don't". Life is to precious to just allow a moment of stupidity give it away. The sad truth is, there are way to many who depend upon the "sheepdogs" (us) to be there. Train as if your life depends on it, because if one day it does, then is not the time to learn.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Great points that no doubt cover the majority of those oblivious to the everyday threats of violence. To that I would add the group who fully recognize the threats but are unwilling for moral reasons or psychologically unable to use violence to defend themselves.
    In the event that anyone needs or wants some arguments from a Christian perspective to counteract the pacifist nonsense, I would be happy to post some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Regarding employers, if you have changed jobs any time within the last 10-15 years, your employer most likely knew you had a concealed handgun license before you were hired.
    Not in my state. That particular DB is accessible only to LE for LE purposes only. Employment background checks are not a LE purpose.

I'm in the group that doesn't bring it up with strangers.

I limit my social interactions with non-shooters as much as I possibly can, including other parents at my kid's school. That brings the chances that I'll get asked to near zero.

If the topic ever does come up, and I detect any hint of hostility or sarcasm my answer will probably be unpleasant. If I think the question is genuine, I'll have to think about how to answer.

User Tag List