Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: They Shall Not Grow Old

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It was #4 at the box office on Monday.

This is a serous must-see movie.
    100%. I saw it in 3D and thought it was well done in that format. I normally hate 3D for it's reduced clarity and contrast, but they did a good job here.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Good news for those wanting to see the film, but it's not yet in your market.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...-old-expanding

Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    100%. I saw it in 3D and thought it was well done in that format. I normally hate 3D for it's reduced clarity and contrast, but they did a good job here.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
    I saw it in 3D the second time. I liked it too.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Made it to the last encore MLK Day and really enjoyed the movie, was really worth seeing looking forward to seeing it again.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    It starts a run tomorrow in a number of places.

Not around me, but I saw it for one of the single-day event showings. I'll probably buy the DVD.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    It's been in my local theater for a couple weeks -- I finally got to go see it this afternoon. Well worth it. I don't usually like to go to theaters anymore, but this was good.
    (And there were five people in the audience...)

Site Supporter
    Saw it last night in 3D at the local discount theater.

It was very well done and I liked it but I think the technical aspects have been over hyped a bit. The choice to focus on the day to day experiences of the common soldier was a good contrast to most WWI documentaries.

The 30 minute “making of” documentary after the credits is worth watching. Apparently Peter Jackson is a big WWI buff / collector to include owning a couple WWI Artillery pieces. They should try and get him on Forgotten Weapons. It does beg the question though, how much if Jackson’s interest in the Lord of The Rings stemmed from Tolkien being a veteran of the Western Front. The extensive WWI influence in the story is pretty clear once you start looking for it.

User Tag List