Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: P series LEM “difficulty”, is it all in the mind? A very in-depth look at LEM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I haven't tried it. I have no doubt that it's a quality component, but now that I've got my LEM pretty much where i want it (and thanks to your help in that process), I'm working on software improvemnts (me) as opposed to additional hardware solutions. When my skill set and quantifiable results achieve an apogee, I think that would be an appropriete time for me to then re-enter more hardware into the equation to achieve further incrimental results.

And while the reset isn't quite as nearly instantaneous with forward trigger movement like on a Glock, the HK reset points on my P30L LEM (and VP40) really aren't all that egregious, at least from my perceptions.

Best, Jon
    Is “where you want it”the 4.1 trigger? What are your thoughts on it now?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Is “where you want it”the 4.1 trigger? What are your thoughts on it now?
    Mine is where I want it with the substitution of the newer Medium Trigger Rebound/Return spring for the lighter OEM spring; that one simple (well, simple for HK USA to install for me) change significantly, and favorably changed the trigger characteristics for me. It provides a consistant tension on the trigger from pull inception to break, and also minimizes the transition when the wall is reached. It's now more of a single-stage, slightly heavier trigger, which I much prefer. Since the pull and break are more of a continuous action, the problem that I had with the OEM set-up, vertical stringing, is essentially eliminated. For lack of a better term,I call the resultant set-up with the Medium TRS LEM V1.5.

It differs from the LEM 4.1 in that I believe the 4.1 also shortens the triggerpull distance, where my 1.5 maintains the same OEM longer triggerpull distance, which I prefer as my P30L is used as a duty pistol, with potential threat management aspects of use-so I prefer the longer pull, giving me a bit more time to get off the trigger before a bang results if situationally warranted.

Coyote41 has graciously provide me with a Light Firing Pin Block Spring; I'll probably experiment with that in the future at some point as well.

Best, Jon

Mine is where I want it with the substitution of the newer Medium Trigger Rebound/Return spring for the lighter OEM spring; that one simple (well, simple for HK USA to install for me) change significantly, and favorably changed the trigger characteristics for me. It provides a consistant tension on the trigger from pull inception to break, and also minimizes the transition when the wall is reached. It's now more of a single-stage, slightly heavier trigger, which I much prefer. Since the pull and break are more of a continuous action, the problem that I had with the OEM set-up, vertical stringing, is essentially eliminated. For lack of a better term,I call the resultant set-up with the Medium TRS LEM V1.5.

It differs from the LEM 4.1 in that I believe the 4.1 also shortens the triggerpull distance, where my 1.5 maintains the same OEM longer triggerpull distance, which I prefer as my P30L is used as a duty pistol, with potential threat management aspects of use-so I prefer the longer pull, giving me a bit more time to get off the trigger before a bang results if situationally warranted.

Coyote41 has graciously provide me with a Light Firing Pin Block Spring; I'll probably experiment with that in the future at some point as well.

Best, Jon
    Perfect info thank you. More helpful than you may imagine. Ill be watching for your follow up.

Best, Jon
    What will the light firing pin block spring provide beyond what you have now? Will that be done at HK also?

With the spring talk the nickel flat sear spring hasn't come up yet.

From stock V2 (P2000) I've noticed the light FP block spring and light(er) 12# hammer spring both made a noticeable reduction in the weight of the "wall". Less stacking is better. Would the nickel sear spring be another step in that direction?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    According to my notes (and HKPro's TooSixy's exceptionally useful chart), Todd went with the Light firing pin block spring, the Heavy trigger return/rebound spring, and remained with the Standard hammer spring, in what became called the V-TGS setup. I'm uncertain if the Medium trigger return/rebound spring was available at that point; I don't think that it was.
    Todd's mod was light firing pin block spring, heavy trigger return spring, and the non-LEM P30 mainspring.

The mainspring is significant because for some reason the standard LEM mainspring is stupidly heavy.
    3/15/2016

What will the light firing pin block spring provide beyond what you have now? Will that be done at HK also?
    Coyote41 feels the lighter the FPBS the better, so as long as safety parameters are maintained. The HK Tech who worked on my P30L advised just going with the Medium TRS, they he didn't feel that there would be a significant advantage to be derived from going with a Light FPBS. I decided to go with just the TRS switch at that point, which is where the gun is now.

I'm very satisfied where things are now, but I think it's more important to achieve with the gun set up as it now is before going deeper with other hardware alternatives-in other words, I need to get grooved in with it, and when my skills have eked out the maximum (or at least credible and quantifiable) advantages from the current set-up, at that point it might be then worthwhile to examine other incrimental hardware applications.

A more gifted/higher performing HK LEM shooter might well benefit from the deeper parts substitutions/improvments. I'm operating from within the parameters of my current wheelhouse...

There really is some excellent advice, empirically achieved experience and suggestions throughout this entire thread by some exceptionally qualified p-f participants-it's well worth a through re-read for students and users of LEM.

Best, Jon

Coyote41 feels the lighter the FPBS the better, so as long as safety parameters are maintained. The HK Tech who worked on my P30L advised just going with the Medium TRS, they he didn't feel that there would be a significant advantage to be derived from going with a Light FPBS. I decided to go with just the TRS switch at that point, which is where the gun is now.

I'm very satisfied where things are now, but I think it's more important to achieve with the gun set up as it now is before going deeper with other hardware alternatives-in other words, I need to get grooved in with it, and when my skills have eked out the maximum (or at least credible and quantifiable) advantages from the current set-up, at that point it might be then worthwhile to examine other incrimental hardware applications.

A more gifted/higher performing HK LEM shooter might well benefit from the deeper parts substitutions/improvments. I'm operating from within the parameters of my current wheelhouse...

There really is some excellent advice, empirically achieved experience and suggestions throughout this entire thread by some exceptionally qualified p-f participants-it's well worth a through re-read for students and users of LEM.

Best, Jon
    Understood a person would have to be shooting at a high level to appreciate a potentially small increase beyond this point. That makes perfect sense. I like the part about resistance during the stroke before the wall. That difference it seems to me would be huge.

Understood a person would have to be shooting at a high level to appreciate a potentially small increase beyond this point. That makes perfect sense. I like the part about resistance during the stroke before the wall. That difference it seems to me would be huge.
    The FBPS spring is probably the least important part of the equation, but if you follow the theory that I was going by in the first post, lighter is better. How much better? Honestly I don’t think I can tell the difference.

As to the nickel plated sear spring? If I recall, it’s purpose is primarily corrosion resistance. I have one installed in one pistol and can’t tell the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    The FBPS spring is probably the least important part of the equation, but if you follow the theory that I was going by in the first post, lighter is better. How much better? Honestly I don’t think I can tell the difference.

As to the nickel plated sear spring? If I recall, it’s purpose is primarily corrosion resistance. I have one installed in one pistol and can’t tell the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How did you become so involved with these variations?

User Tag List