Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forward Controls Adjustable Turret Caps for Aimpoint Micro

I've been putting the ATA caps through their paces for a couple of months now and I'm impressed. The weather here has been cold which makes my hands clumsier than normal. Last winter, getting the Aimpoints dialed in using the factory caps or tool was slow and tedious. I kept fumbling and dropping the factory caps and even lost one for a few days. Our local indoor range has heat, but is only partially roofed over. This gives the range superior ventilation, but does little to keep in the heat. It can be brutally cold. The ATA turrets made getting the Aimpoints zeroed a snap. A common screwdriver is so much easier to use.

I ordered a set of various colored Lacquer Stiks from a bowling ball supply store online to fill the engraving of the discs. The fill makes the engraved "UP" and "R" and the arrows easier to see. Lacquer Stiks are easier to use the model paints or nail polish. Simply rub the stick on the part until the engraving is filled, the wipe away the excess with a clean rag. The excess wipes away cleanly and stays in the engraving with even edges. Bowling ball engravers use Lacquer Stiks to fill logos and lettering engraved in customer's bowling balls. Lacquer Stiks are widely used to fill all types of engravings and stampings. To make the filled engravings stand out, remember four simple rules-
    1) Color on metal
    2) Metal on color
    3) Metals are White (Silver) and Yellow (Gold)
    4) Colors are everything else- Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, Brown and Black

If filling an engraving or stamping on a color field, use White/Silver or Yellow/Gold. If filling an engraving or stamping on a White/Silver or Yellow/Gold field, use a color.

I have two sets of ATA turrets. One with Silver discs (Metal Field) and one with black discs (Color Field). On the silver discs, I filled the engravings with black.

The black discs, I filled with white.

The Lacquer Stiks really makes the engravings pop!

I can't thank Roger enough for making the ATA turrets a reality. I'm now waiting impatiently for Roger to make ATA turrets available for the M4s!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Great idea, well executed!
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

How often does one zero a rifle? I do agree that it sucks fiddling with Micro dial covers and I had the displeasure of doing it in 30 degree weather. But once done, I see no need to fiddle f. with them any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    How often does one zero a rifle? I do agree that it sucks fiddling with Micro dial covers and I had the displeasure of doing it in 30 degree weather. But once done, I see no need to fiddle f. with them any more.
    What's the first thing an instructor has you do at a carbine class? Verify zero. They have you verify zero because there could have been a change from the time your rifle left home and it got to class. I had an embarrassing change in zero going from my home to Ken Hackathorn's range caused by a change in altitude.

Zero can change significantly by simply switching ammo, even as close as 25 yards, there can be a two inch difference.

Even if an Aimpoint doesn't need its zero changed very often, the ATA caps simplifies the task. The more you shoot, the more you'll appreciate easy sight adjustments.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List