Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forward Controls Adjustable Turret Caps for Aimpoint Micro

Forward Controls Adjustable Turret Caps for Aimpoint Micro

I like my Aimpoint Micros. A lot. Except when it comes time to sight them in or re-check zero. The factory caps are difficult to remove and awkward to use for making adjustments. Without the caps, or the special Aimpoint tool, making adjustments are almost impossible. What I wanted was a way to make sight adjustments to my Aimpoint Micros without having to remove the turret caps or use a special tool. After studying the problem, I came up with a solution. I contacted Roger Wang at Forward Controls to see if he could take my idea and make it a reality.

Did he ever! He took my idea and refined it into what he calls the ATA- "Aimpoint Turret cap, Adjustable"

The ATA Cap kit has two outer caps and two inner turret discs that replace the factory caps. (Ignore the extra turret disc in the photo. The kit comes with only two)

When installed, sight adjustments can be made with a coin, rim of a cartridge

or if want to get really fancy, a common screwdriver

all without removing the caps.

They are easy to install. Remove the old caps, set the turret disc in place, making sure the pins align

then screw the outer cap in place, finger tight

Done!

This link is to a video showing that when making the adjustments, only the inner turret disc turns. The cap stays stationary
    https://wolfhollow.smugmug.com/F1/AT...XwQL/i-grFz98x

The clicks are still distinctive and just as easy to feel. The slot in the turret disc is a good visual indicator when making sight adjustments. The ATA caps make sighting the Aimpoint easier than before

The ATA knurling is more aggressive and are easier to get a grip on. Not that there is a need to remove them to make sighting adjustment. The ATA are well made with no external machining marks. Fit is as good as the factory caps and the factory caps fit very well! They also look good. They look like they belong on the Aimpoint. The ATA caps have been tested down to 85 meters and hold up just as well as the factory caps.

The ATA caps and discs are made of stainless steel and the machine work and fit is top quality. The design is simple and elegant. The sets I received have found a permanent home on my Micros.

You can check out the ATA caps here- http://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com...cro_p_143.html
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Pretty neat. And since I keep losing the caps from my Micros, if people using this new invention now have extra caps laying around and want to unload them on me, shoot me a PM.

It looks like you came up with a great idea. Roger Wang executed it well too. I like a lot of what FCD has brought to market over the past few years. This product is no different and I’ll probably pick up a set.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    It looks like you came up with a great idea. Roger Wang executed it well too. I like a lot of what FCD has brought to market over the past few years. This product is no different and I’ll probably pick up a set.
    Roger deserves a lot of credit for taking my original design and refining it.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Pretty clever! How is the water resistance? And will they come in black? Because you know - tactical.

Roger had the factory caps, the ATA caps and one of his Aimpoints sent to a lab to be tested in a pressure chamber. The ATA caps performed on par with the factory caps.

Yes, all black is an option. I have one all black set and one set with silver turret discs. I find the engraving easier to see on the silver discs. The black discs blend in better. You can select which you want at the website.

The only good idea I've ever had was pizza poptarts. Much faster cook time than a hot pocket.

I don't really need the FCD turret caps, but I'm definitely gonna order a set.

Very nice. I may have to get a couple of sets down the line; I've been playing with FCD parts like their ABC/R and EMR-A and find them to be vastly superior to anything else on the market, even KAC and Geissele equivalents. This looks to be another winner.

Now, I'm waiting impatiently for ATAs for the M4

WANT!
    #RESIST

User Tag List