Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steel Challenge for skills development

So y'all got me wound up enough to think about asking the boss for some time off Sunday morning. I went to register on Practiscore and there was this little gem. Made me think of Todd -- and Josh, and TC. Good stuff.

Name:  practiscore.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  40.4 KB

It was ok. I had to leave at noon for a kid thing; in two hours post shooters meeting I got in three stages, which sucks out loud. At their pace getting through the whole day must take until
    dinner time.

While the first stage got my HR up a little, the rest was just a shooting task — a pleasant one but nothing I couldn’t produce on my own.

I liked it but I would not say it was comparable in value to solo practice.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    It was ok. I had to leave at noon for a kid thing; in two hours post shooters meeting I got in three stages, which sucks out loud. At their pace getting through the whole day must take until
    dinner time.

While the first stage got my HR up a little, the rest was just a shooting task — a pleasant one but nothing I couldn’t produce on my own.

I liked it but I would not say it was comparable in value to solo practice.
    It usually takes us 2-3 hours to get through the whole match of five or six stages. Sorry it was slow.

I think competition may or may not be more useful for you than solo practice, depending upon how much solo practice you do. Regardless, having to perform on the clock in front of others, certainly is different than solo practice.

Now, you can take your times on the stages you did shoot, go to SteelChallenge.com, and compare your performance to the national peak times and get a reality check on where you currently stand in comparison.

These are the peak times before the January 1 change, that lowered the peak time by .5 second on most divisions, but not Carry Optics.

Name:  A1B8B892-6E04-4B18-BD27-F1F84A385BC5.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  69.6 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    . Regardless, having to perform on the clock in front of others, certainly is different than solo practice.
    That was my experience in national level IDPA. That was not my experience this morning. Whether that was the sport, the day, the venue, or the state of my ego remains to be seen.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Not official Steel Challenge, but wife and I came in to Phoenix and shot Tuesday Night Steel at Rio Salado today. Great weather and a fun match. Stage five had a 100 yard target again.

My wife had ten seconds in penalties on the first stage, but still finished 30th out of 190 shooters. Here is her match video.

I shot three good stages, but made rookie mistakes on the last two stages leaving boxes early, which cost me in the overall match. I was 12th overall, but better than my 17th place last time here.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List