Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Criminal Assault Pre-Incident Indicators Video

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Very good!

Watched once through. I thought the "we identification" a little harder to follow/comprehend vs all the rest. Great stuff in a no BS straightforward format.
    Noted! I'll slam a comment into the comments!

Thanks!

John

Excellent video as always. I'm also looking forward to watching more at Tac-Con.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, John!

John, very good !

One observation after thinking about all the videos is how little time the victims have to recognize the assault.

Usually 4 to 5 seconds.

John/all you guys that deal with interviewing victims, is this pretty much typical?

Site Supporter
    Very good!

Watched once through. I thought the "we identification" a little harder to follow/comprehend vs all the rest. Great stuff in a no BS straightforward format.

de Becker talks about "Forced Teaming", which "we identification" reminded me of, in "The Gift of Fear", if you are interested.

Site Supporter
    Great video.

If John Correia's information is correct the woman in the first clip had a gun in her purse.

Very good!

Thanks for posting this John. I enjoyed it. Well done. However, i agree with JHC, I didn't fully understand the "we identification."

One of the best presentations I have seen on video which incorporates videos of real life criminals before they strike.

Really great presentation. I think it’s so valuable so have a segment like this in any self defense coursework. Experienced this via ECQC and TAP/G. Thought your presentation was cogent and thorough. Thank for sharing a distilled segment to review these tips and best practices.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Thanks for posting this John. I enjoyed it. Well done. However, i agree with JHC, I didn't fully understand the "we identification."
    What John is talking about with the “we identification” is the same tactic/phenomenon as deBecker discusses as forced teaming. It can be used benignly or maliciously. It establishes immediately through language patterns and word choices that the speaker and the audience are on the same side, or in the situation together. In combination with a small act or two that support that narrative, an unsuspicious brain quickly adopts the pleasant story.

In a work environment, you might use a tactic like this to get immediate buy-in from subordinates when time for course charting and team building is in short supply.

In the cases John is talking about, it’s all about getting the guard down. Going from a neutral/potential-threat to a maybe new friend or teammate.

I liked a lot of what I saw in the presentation. There is a bunch of great info there. I think it could be even better with a bit of prioritizing and streamlining. It seems that John has a hierarchy of dangerous cues, but that structure isn’t very explicit. I would love to see that addressed and then a bit more focus put into the top tier of the danger hierarchy. Maybe a couple extra examples of the top 2-3 cues, etc.

I definitely agree that a module like this would benefit pretty much anyone that hasn’t been well exposed to it from either side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List