Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: We do this one yet? Mattis stepping down...

I think it's better to have honorable enemies than dishonest friends.

With friends like Germany, France, and England, who needs enemies?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Those were, exactly, my first and second thoughts.

I am really, really, starting to think maybe Impeachment and removal of this asshole might not be a bad idea. And I voted for him.
    Welcome to the club!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post

Is this a pattern or a style? Fly in like a seagull, drop a load of ‘wisdom’, and fly off without further explanation?
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Is this a pattern or a style? Fly in like a seagull, drop a load of ‘wisdom’, and fly off without further explanation?
    Does this make you sad?

What isn't clear? France, England, and Germany suck as allies in basically every way.

I'm pretty much of the mindset we should invade England and free the populace from their horribly tyrannical government.

Site Supporter

We do this one yet? Mattis stepping down...

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post

With the exception of England, that has been my thinking for at least 30 years before Trump was elected.

Yes, we need to preserve alliances, but how long can we foot the bill for protecting people who are undermining us? For example, France and Germany doing business with Iraq in the months leading up to the first gulf war and with international sanctions in place.

Trump is going to turn into the perfect example of perfect being the enemy of better than anything we have had for decades.

Sorry to see Mattis go, but I think his reason is stupid. We need people who are capable of both carrying out Trump’s agenda while also telling him with no punches pulled when they believe he is making a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 12-20-2018 at 09:07 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Welcome to the club!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Hey I voted for Jimmy Carter once, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Sorry to see Mattis go, but I think his reason is stupid. We need people who are capable of both carrying out Trump’s agenda while also telling him with no punches pulled when they believe he is making a mistake.
    Mattis' has done some questionable things as SecDef and it looks like he was pretty off course with the Trump agenda. So it seems sensible that he's moving on, though it is unfortunate for the reasons you've stated above.

The English government is absolutely shameful and all kidding aside is about as close to a totalitarian society as a Western Democracy can get. Something severe needs to happen there, the current state of affairs there is abysmal.
    Last edited by jc000; 12-20-2018 at 09:11 PM.

I'm not a huge Trump fan, but anything was better than another 4 years of Obama's divisiveness and I think thats what Hillary would have been like. Our country needed the pendulum to move away from pc culture.

The one solid reassurance I had about his presidency was Mattis. It's been a long time since a professional warrior was in office, but I felt having Mattis as an advisor would help steer things.

This is beyond unsettling. I would support Mattis for a presidential run, but I believe he has stated that it does not interest him.

-Cory

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I'm not a huge Trump fan, but anything was better than another 4 years of Obama's divisiveness and I think thats what Hillary would have been like. Our country needed the pendulum to move away from pc culture.

The one solid reassurance I had about his presidency was Mattis. It's been a long time since a professional warrior was in office, but I felt having Mattis as an advisor would help steer things.

This is beyond unsettling. I would support Mattis for a presidential run, but I believe he has stated that it does not interest him.

-Cory
    These are important points. I am amazed by the Trump hate I see over stupid issues like bump stocks. That is exactly what will get us President Hillary Clinton, President Joe Biden, or President Bernie Sanders.

While I like and respect General Mattis, he is a politician and Trump is not. Politicians have meetings and come up with ineffective BS policy like ROE that put our guys at a disadvantage. Politicians are for the most part ineffective.

User Tag List