Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: We do this one yet? Mattis stepping down...

We do this one yet? Mattis stepping down...

Normally, I'm not all into turning P-F into CNN's mouthpiece, but this can't be good.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/polit...out/index.html
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I was just reading his resignation letter. A damned shame to have him step down, and I admire his integrity.

I can’t imagine who could adequately fill his shoes.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Skip any CNN commentary and read Mattis’s own words in his resignation letter, he is quite eloquent.

2 key paragraphs:
    One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies. Like you, I have said from the beginning that the armed forces of the United States should not be the policeman of the world. Instead, we must use all tools of American power to provide for the common defense, including providing effective leadership to our alliances. NATO's 29 democracies demonstrated that strength in their commitment to fighting alongside us following the 9-11 attack on America. The Defeat-ISIS coalition of 74 nations is further proof.

Similarly, I believe we must be resolute and unambiguous in our approach to those countries whose strategic interests are increasingly in tension with ours. It is clear that China and Russia, for example, want to shape a world consistent with their authoritarian model - gaining veto authority over other nations' economic, diplomatic, and security decisions - to promote their own interests at the expense of their neighbors, America and our allies. That is why we must use all the tools of American power to provide for the common defense.
    In other words, Trump treats our critical allies like crap, cozies up to our enemies, and this just doesn’t work for Mattis.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Well shit.

I wish he would run for president.
    Last edited by MGW; 12-20-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Well shit.

Yep, and yep.

If he does run, best slogan EVER.....Maddog 2020......

Are we tired of winning yet?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Are we tired of winning yet?
    3D Chess!

Chris

I am saddened to read this. Something I have always been thankful for, was knowing that Secretary Mattis was there to give counsel.

HCountryGuy is correct. Those are some pretty big combat boots to fill.

Thank you for your efforts, Mr. Secretary. My very best wishes to you, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Well shit.

Those were, exactly, my first and second thoughts.

I am really, really, starting to think maybe Impeachment and removal of this asshole might not be a bad idea. And I voted for him.

User Tag List