Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article on Charleston SC gun club refusing black applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers13 View Post
    Where do you live. I love the idea of a gun range at my house. That is a state I want to move to.

As for that gun club or I should say club is disturbing and a disgrace. You have a War Hero wanting to join and you turn him down. That needs to be addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I live in Virginia. As long as you are over 100 yards from the road and the nearest house, you have a safe backstop on your land (back of the mountain), then you are good to go.

I took the tarps off of my Texas Star and moved the garbage cans to the side.

The cans are to store supplies to protect them against rain.

I store targets and spare stuff in them.

I have 2 Dueling trees, 2 plate racks, several IDPA stands, a rubber dummy, 3 arntzen stands, a few animal poppers, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    I live in Virginia. As long as you are over 100 yards from the road and the nearest house, you have a safe backstop on your land (back of the mountain), then you are good to go.

I have 2 Dueling trees, 2 plate racks, several IDPA stands, a rubber dummy, 3 arntzen stands, a few animal poppers, etc.

That’s awesome. Great setup. I went to school in Virginia I love it there. Beautiful state and great people. Thanks for the photos. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post

Sounds like Hickok 45's range. A reasonale duplication of which is my retirement goal......

I would be very honored to shake Dr. Brown's hand.

The hand that he raised when swearing an oath to serve his country. The hand that carried huge stacks of books while studying at the Naval Academy and medical school. The hand that undoubtedly helped save many lives during his two Afghanistan tours.

Yes, that hand.

Fuck those racist assholes. I hope the good Doc finds another place not full of dipshits and/or decides to fucking own that club.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    For those unfamiliar with the caliber (and velocity) of this man, here is a brief bio:

1) 1987-1991 US Naval Academy: BS in Engineering
    2) 1991-1996 US Naval Officer
    3) 1996-1998 MEd The Citadel
    4) 1998-2002 Medical Student at the Medical University of SC (MUSC)
    5) 2002-2003 Intern in Pediatrics at Portsmouth Naval Medical Center (PNMC)
    6) 2003-2005 Medical Chief USS Carter Hall (General Medical Officer)
    7) 2005-2008 Resident, Emergency Medicine (PNMC)
    8) 2008-2010 Chief, Emergency Department Naval Hospital Yokosuka Japan
    9) 2010-2015 Attending Emergency Physician, Naval Hospital Jacksonville Florida with multiple tours to the sandbox
    10) 2015-Present Attending Emergency Physician, Trident Medical Center, Charleston, SC
    11) 2018-Present Board of Directors, Medical University of SC

All members of this “club” should resign in protest.
    Last edited by Sensei; 12-20-2018 at 10:27 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Charlestonians are purely Chinese:
    1) They speak an unknown tongue,
    2) They eat a lot of rice,
    3) They live behind walls,
    4) They worship their ancestors,
    5) They believe they are the middle kingdom between heaven and earth.

Addendum:
    Charlestonians believe the Atlantic ocean is formed by the confluence of the Ashley and the Cooper rivers.

That gun club is disgracing itself.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You mean racism isn't dead in America?

I heard about this yesterday evening. I wish I were surprised.
    I think we're in the same boat.

I would not keep company with such a club if I were a member. I don't know this man.....but his career and his achievements speak volumes about his character.

If there is nothing in his personal life that sullies his good name, I personally would be ashamed to remain affiliated in any way, shape, or form with such an organization. It may be legal and within the club's rights to refuse membership to anyone they chose but the flip side to that coin is others have the right to shun such a "club" in the form of membership, funding, rentals, and vender service.

I was pretty sleepy when I read the article last night but I did catch that Dr. Brown wasn't sure he would re-apply in the future and quite frankly, I wouldn't suggest that he do so. On paper, he is far too good a man for the likes of that club. From the article as well as this man's credentials, I feel that the club is beneath this gentleman.

I did read several of their "reviews" that are mentioning this decision with one star reviews and that this may be quite detrimental to the club's future. As a cop, I have seen hatred from all sides when dealing with the public. The older I get, the less I understand it. My zone is overwhelmingly minority and it is by far my favorite side of town I have ever worked. My zone is full of good, decent people.....with a smattering of miscreants. It's that way on ALL sides of my town....only the good people are more down to earth in my zone.....more personable....and more friendly than the "good" side of the tracks.

This incident, on the surface, appears quite ugly and shameful. Hopefully, others that directly affect the club's livelihood and bottom line, have a similar distaste for such an ignorant decision.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    For those unfamiliar with the caliber (and velocity) of this man, here is a brief bio:

1) 1987-1991 US Naval Academy: BS in Engineering
    2) 1991-1996 US Naval Officer
    3) 1996-1998 MEd The Citadel
    4) 1998-2002 Medical Student at the Medical University of SC (MUSC)
    5) 2002-2003 Intern in Pediatrics at Portsmouth Naval Medical Center (PNMC)
    6) 2003-2005 Medical Chief USS Carter Hall (General Medical Officer)
    7) 2005-2008 Resident, Emergency Medicine (PNMC)
    8) 2008-2010 Chief, Emergency Department Naval Hospital Yokosuka Japan
    9) 2010-2015 Attending Emergency Physician, Naval Hospital Jacksonville Florida with multiple tours to the sandbox
    10) 2015-Present Attending Emergency Physician, Trident Medical Center, Charleston, SC
    11) 2018-Present Board of Directors, Medical University of SC

All members of this “club” should resign in protest.
    I've been enlisted for 10 years and that barely qualifies me to make this man a cup of coffee.

User Tag List