Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article on Charleston SC gun club refusing black applicant

Article on Charleston SC gun club refusing black applicant

I know this man, he’s a good man. He’s saved a lot of servicemen’s live as a Navy doctor.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/u...ck-member.html
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I suggest that is not a gun club - that is a social club for drinking and smoking cigars, etc. I have seen similar "old" gun clubs turn that way - I used to be a member of a shotgun club in Georgia that had hundreds of members but only a handful of actually shot and competed - the rest just wanted a private bar. Damn shame.

#RESIST

Listening to the latest Concealed Carry Radio with Tiffany Johnson and Aqil Qadir today and then reading this article is a bummer.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku.edc View Post
    Listening to the latest Concealed Carry Radio with Tiffany Johnson and Aqil Qadir today and then reading this article is a bummer.

Yup. I’m pretty steamed about this.
    #RESIST

You mean racism isn't dead in America?

I heard about this yesterday evening. I wish I were surprised.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Are these assholes NRA affiliated?
    If so, the NRA needs to dump them ASAP.
    If not, the NRA needs to denounce them loudly.

And, yes, I get that this is no longer much of a gun club.
    So what?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    having lived and worked in both GA and Charleston, SC, this is EXACTLY what I would expect in Charleston.

They try to be subtle but it is the most racist and classist / "old boy" snobby I have ever lived. The racism there actually goes both ways, with Black people being as insular and segregationist as the white people. I say this not just in comparison to NY or CA, but even in comparison to Coastal GA. Charleston is currently "trendy" but I would not care to return.

I would also second the notion that the club is question is a "gun club" in name only.

This saddens me but I’m not surprised.

Having grown up in the Charleston metropolitan area, there are still pockets of people who don’t care for others who are not like themselves.

This man was a military veteran and a physician. It is not like he has no money to pay the fees.

Being a minority, physician and military veteran makes me wonder, too, about if I would get the same result.

Luckily, I do belong to a local club, and I have my own shooting range at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    This saddens me but I’m not surprised.

Having grown up in the Charleston metropolitan area, there are still pockets of people who don’t care for others who are not like themselves.

This man was a military veteran and a physician. It is not like he has no money to pay the fees.

Being a minority, physician and military veteran makes me wonder, too, about if I would get the same result.

Luckily, I do belong to a local club, and I have my own shooting range at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Where do you live. I love the idea of a gun range at my house. That is a state I want to move to.

As for that gun club or I should say club is disturbing and a disgrace. You have a War Hero wanting to join and you turn him down. That needs to be addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List