Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To buy or not?

To buy or not?

I posted on here a week or so ago trying to get a feel for what I should get as a first 9mm. It seemed like the clear choice was Glock 17. Went by the local gun shop and they have a special on a new Sig 2022 9mm. Its going for $395. Should I go for this or wait and spend a little more on a Glock? From what I've read it seems to have some really good reviews but wanted other opinions on it

Banned
    it really is a personal choice. my first pistol was a 1861 colt army (still have it) and from the first day I shot it I was hooked. next was a used colt 45 commander and I shot that one for a while. then there was 22's 380' 40's and 38's all had a place in the line up. point being get what you can and somewhere down the road trade up or just buy a new one, they all feel good when you get them.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    it really is a personal choice. my first pistol was a 1861 colt army (still have it) and from the first day I shot it I was hooked. next was a used colt 45 commander and I shot that one for a while. then there was 22's 380' 40's and 38's all had a place in the line up. point being get what you can and somewhere down the road trade up or just buy a new one, they all feel good when you get them.
    This wont be my first pistol, just my first 9mm. I want to get quality but not spend a fortune. That's why I'm asking for others experiences with the particular gun

Hmmm, not sure about this advice...
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Hmmm, not sure about this advice...

whats bad abouit it? I have never had a gun I didn't enjoy, just some more then others

This wont be my first pistol, just my first 9mm. I want to get quality but not spend a fortune. That's why I'm asking for others experiences with the particular gun
    then get a glock 23 and you can buy a lonewolf barrel in 9mm and shoot both

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    A "line up"? Is he drafting a basketball team here?

OP, it depends what you are buying the gun for. What do you own now? What do you envision using this pistol to do? My first inclination is to wait for the G17. You should be able to find one used for close to that price, maybe a few dollars more.

Banned

looks like a fine gun

whats bad abouit it? I have never had a gun I didn't enjoy, just some more then others.
    This forum is for shooters, not collectors.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Buy something cheap. The sig2022 sounds like a good gun, but honestly, A glock will be a better learning piece. (not to mention that it will last through 100k rounds)

(anything under 500$ is cheap in the world of firearms...)

User Tag List