Thread: Dummy ammo

Dummy ammo

An online search returned dummy rounds with orange tips.

I am looking for rounds that can not be fired and that look real.

I realize this not common, so allow me to explain how these rounds will be used.

I am planing a photograph that uses a .357 revolver as the subject. I want to photograph the revolver with bullets.

Needless to say, the gun will not be fired, even so, I don't want to have the revolver loaded with real bullets.

Where can I find .357 caliber bullets that have been rendered inert, but look real?

Find someone who reloads 357 and have them make you some. That's the only way that I know of to get realistic looking non-live ammo.

Gringop.
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

There is training ammo that has a plastic coating on the bullet (not hollowpoint).
    I bring that up because on an auction site, there are lots of snap caps, that are made up of real cases, with a plastic bullet (that you could color with a sharpie/paint, etc) as well as some which use a real bullet in them (missing the primer/gunpowder, etc).

They look real enough that I wouldn't use them as a snap cap, because I could see someone mistaking them for a real bullet, when tired/etc.

User Tag List