Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Revolvers and GIGN

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    In the book “No Second Place Winner,” Bill Jordan lists the ability to cock the revolver for long distance shots of 200 yards as an advantage. In fairness, if I recall correctly, he also discussed removing the hammer spur in some circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alright, you got me. 200 yards? I'll thumb cock it, Bill Jordan was definitely right about that.

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    It’s 2021 indeed. Front sight is a crutch for them that can’t handle collimating optics.
    Front sight is for those who have suffered multiple failures of electronic optics, collimating and others. There are some people on this forum who have broken dozens of optics by firing a lot of rounds. Personally I have only broken one really good red dot, a Trijicon MRDS, but I still see the value of iron sights. I have broken more than one set of iron sights, most notably a BoMar rear after BoMar was no more. That one was replaced by a Harrison fixed sight that fits the BoMar slide cut. So I get the idea of having both on weapons.

Site Supporter
    Front sight is also for those who pocket carry in summer business casual attire. If someone can figure out a reasonable way to pocket carry a P365 with an optic in clothing that looks reasonably businesslike and professional,I will be impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Front sight is for those who have suffered multiple failures of electronic optics, collimating and others. There are some people on this forum who have broken dozens of optics by firing a lot of rounds. Personally I have only broken one really good red dot, a Trijicon MRDS, but I still see the value of iron sights. I have broken more than one set of iron sights, most notably a BoMar rear after BoMar was no more. That one was replaced by a Harrison fixed sight that fits the BoMar slide cut. So I get the idea of having both on weapons.
    OK, you got me there. I wish I had a front sight on that Mateba 2006M. Even so, it remains my best wheelgun for precision and speed shooting.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Chap from Bloke on the Range digs into the MR73

https://youtu.be/zQYjdRbWat0

With bonus 9mm cylinder!

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post

With bonus 9mm cylinder!
    This is the most informative technical presentation of the Manurhin MR73.

I have but one quibble. Jules Spengler was born Julius Spengler on 7 July 1873 in Mulhouse, Alsace, annexed by Otto von Bismarck to the new German Empire in 1871. However, at the time of founding Manufacture de Machines du Haut-Rhin, a.k.a. Manurhin, on 8 March 1919, Spengler was a French national as a matter of international law and personal conviction, having Frenchified his given name the year prior, following the transfer of sovereignty over Alsace to France under the Treaty of Versailles.
    Last edited by zeleny; 07-23-2021 at 01:40 PM.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

With bonus 9mm cylinder!
    Now I want one, but without “Beretta” stamped on the side. Also, this guy shot SA, so his credentials are suspect…lol! It was a very nice presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Now I want one.
    All these crazy threads have me wanting one.

Ian from Forgotten Weapons got hold of one.

https://youtu.be/O0w2x3COYlk

Because of course the Francophile that Gun Jesus is, would get hold of one.

https://youtu.be/O0w2x3COYlk
    Because of course the Francophile that Gun Jesus is, would get hold of one.
    I was about to post the link. Ian does a great job shooting the MR73 at 25 yards!

User Tag List