Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T-Class A1 Target

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    Bulgarian police aren't the only ones afraid to let civilians train this way. People in power all over the world are afraid of capable armed civilians.

That is why IPSC adopted the classic target instead of continuing to use the USPSA metric target. IPSC was scared of the impression the human looking targets would give observers.
    !
    I’m fairly sure ipsc also had a number of participants from nations that do not permit the use of humanoid targets. Since it’s a competition, it is reasonable that all of the targets would have to change to make them consistent across regions. It doesn’t matter, after all; it’s not like it’s practice for a defensive encounter.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I’m fairly sure ipsc also had a number of participants from nations that do not permit the use of humanoid targets. Since it’s a competition, it is reasonable that all of the targets would have to change to make them consistent across regions.
    Makes sense. I guess the inverse of what I was thinking. National laws forced IPSC to do that rather than IPSC trying to avoid rustling jimmies.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    It doesn’t matter, after all; it’s not like it’s practice for a defensive encounter.

Merry Christmas!

I do not know colleagues, but with humanoid targets I think they are terrible precursors.
    In the sport and the Olympics, the targets are human figures, and the very way of shooting - 25 m from one hand is the beginning of duels in Europe in the 18th century
    What is more, in our country, the exchange of weapons is forbidden. I do not comment on our laws I just follow them ... but in the US how is it?
    If, for example I met @Tamara or @Stephani in a shooting range and she gave me a shot with her pistol would we get arrested?
    And are arrests / prisons in the United States separated by gender ? I have a sick heart ...

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I do not know colleagues, but with humanoid targets I think they are terrible precursors.
    In the sport and the Olympics, the targets are human figures, and the very way of shooting - 25 m from one hand is the beginning of duels in Europe in the 18th century
    What is more, in our country, the exchange of weapons is forbidden. I do not comment on our laws I just follow them ... but in the US how is it?
    If, for example I met @Tamara or @Stephani in a shooting range and she gave me a shot with her pistol would we get arrested?
    And are arrests / prisons in the United States separated by gender ? I have a sick heart ...
    Humanoid targets are pretty standard here in the US. Some shooting ranges forbid the use of photographic targets of humans, but "humanoid" silhouettes and rough shapes (FBI Q-bottle, B-27, TQ-series, or Transtar) are pretty common and almost universally acceptable.

As for the target in question, it's a pretty standard silhouette target. Like almost all silhouettes, it poorly references a rough outline of vital areas to give contextual understanding to hits made on target and prioritize scoring. For a silhouette target, it is neither ground-breaking nor unacceptable.

To answer your other question, it's totally legal for you to come here and shoot guns at a range. Firearms tourism, especially fully automatic firearms, is a popular business at shooting ranges in Las Vegas, for instance.

It would however be illegal for you to take firearms training as a foreigner, unless it was pre-arranged and authorized by the US Department of State (our equivalent to a Ministry of Foreign Affairs). This is almost always restricted for the purpose of military and police, not "regular joe".
    Last edited by TGS; 12-29-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

What is your oppinion on this target?
    I quite like it. The A-zone is nice and narrow, and located in the correct area, unlike IPSC Metric or IDPA targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    It looks like someone wasted a lot of time, effort, and money instead of using existing USPSA/IDPA targets.
    I'd hardly call it a waste - it's not like the targets you mentioned are perfect in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I quite like it. The A-zone is nice and narrow, and located in the correct area, unlike IPSC Metric or IDPA targets.
    @That Guy friend, after this assessment, we'll mail you a target for a real test. Please email me at private messages a delivery address.

This is the target of which we are shooting the new Bulgarian shooting drill "BUL PRESIDENTE CARBINE SHOOTING DRILL"

The idea is created in a disscusion from BG shooters Barzila and Gele

https://t-class.bg/%D1%83%D0%BF%D1%8...%D0%B8-%D0%BF/

I'll make a new topic, video and translation of the exercises

@That Guy friend, after this assessment, we'll mail you a target for a real test. Please email me at private messages a delivery address.
    Wow, that is extremely generous of you! Thank you.

However, it can't be cheap to ship something the size of a target. You need not go through the bother. I've got post-it notes and post cards to modify existing targets with.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Since you asked for our opinions, mine is this:

It looks like someone wasted a lot of time, effort, and money instead of using existing USPSA/IDPA targets.

But good for you guys getting some gun privileges and doing shooting sports.
    They couldn't own guns at all 30 years ago and the police and powers that be don't want them using humanoid targets and they're illegal in many European nations. Between ITAR, EU & local laws importing USPSA or IDPA targets could be anything from impossible to illegal.

In that environment they're doing all they can to add a little realism to the targets. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    Between ITAR, EU & local laws importing USPSA or IDPA targets could be anything from impossible to illegal.
    Err... There is at least one IDPA sanctioned manufacturer of IDPA targets in Europe. It is my understanding that the same place makes IPSC Metric targets as well. I seriously doubt it would be in any way impossible to buy those.

But then again, I fail to understand what is so magnificent about IDPA or IPSC Metric targets (which by the by are what I use almost exclusively) that creates this almost hostile attitude towards people designing their own targets.

Hello everyone!

What is your oppinion on this target?

It is to be used in Bulgaria for military applied sport T-class, which was created recently.
    https://t-class.bg/%D1%83%D0%BF%D1%8...%D0%B8-%D0%BF/

This target was created with the idea of Bulgarian special forces officer Бързия Боби /Fast Bobby /
    With the help of: https://t-class.org/ english version

This is the final result, to which doctors also contributed.
    http://thegunman-bg.com/forum/viewto...?f=102&t=17200

There are many controversial opinions on this topic.

Your opinion is highly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Attachment 33345
    Hi mens,
    I have very interesting question.
    Who is Poseidon?
    The user Poseidon is moderator in Bulgarian guns forum " TheGunMan".
    This men is the Grant shooter but have a problem...

Sorry dear Poseidon .....

.... is keyboard shooter

User Tag List