Thread: Annual Brigadier cleaning

Annual Brigadier cleaning

I found out a year or two ago that 2K challenges with Berettas are pretty boring. Worst case they need lubed between 1500-2000 rounds. Being inherently lazy I cleaned my Brig last December, the 16th to be exact. Then I got lazier. When the slide would get a little sluggish I pulled it off and lubed it but didn't clean it. I did swap recoil springs about six months ago. Then I got lazier yet and just started locking the slide back, holding it barrel down and letting oil run down the rails. So one year and 8350 rounds later I took it apart and cleaned it, changed the locking block and recoil spring. The only problems I had were related to dead primers, lack of lube, and front sight paint getting smoked. It probably got lubed 3-4x in the last twelve months.

I don't recommend it, I'm a bad person, you'll die on the range, but it's one data point on lack of maintenance.

Name:  IMGP0452.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  47.7 KB
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

CSM1M residue.

Name:  IMGP0456.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  51.6 KB
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Love it.

I PM my range guns, I dont clean them. I can be doing other things with that time, like loading ammo, farting or whatever the hell else id rather be doing. More power to those of you that do keep a clean gun but different strokes for different folks.

Keep shooting brother!

I do regularly clean mine, but that more to do with my love of tinkering with machinery. I find disassembly and reassembly to be relaxing and enjoyable (except when I inadvertently launch a spring).
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

When I was competing with Berettas, I’d not clean for 4K plus. I did properly lube before each outing though. Never had issues.

Vending Machine Operator
    You shouldn't confess child abuse on a public forum.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

You must use expensive ammo. 1500 rounds of Wolf and it could be twice that dirty..

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    You must use expensive ammo. 1500 rounds of Wolf and it could be twice that dirty..
    Not a round of it was factory ammo. Mainly plated bullets (but possibly some coated lead before I switched) loaded with CSB1M powder.

User Tag List