Thread: Shooting left of center with my new CZ 75 B, issue with the gun or user?

Shooting left of center with my new CZ 75 B, issue with the gun or user?

So, I'll preface this by saying I'm relatively new to the world of pistols. I've used rifles a fair amount for the purposes of hunting, but this year I have gotten heavily into handguns. I took some classes, got my concealed carry permit, and go to the range regularly-- I still have a lot to learn and a lot of room to improve, but I've become a fairly competent shooter.

That said, I just purchased a CZ 75 B, I love pretty much everything about the gun, but there is one problem: it consistently shoots to the left for me. I own Glock and Smith and Wesson striker pistols, and do not have this issue with them, I can consistently shoot where I want with those guns. The CZ is substantially heavier and has a hammer, so I'm wondering if the issue is a matter of technique.

Since I'm a relative newbie with pistols, I thought I'd defer to a more experienced crowd of shooters. I don't want to start prematurely making adjustments to the sights and so forth, but I do find it odd that I only shoot to the left with this particular pistol (and I've heard people say it's generally regarded as a pretty accurate gun, which was part of what led me to purchase it, besides the fact I wanted a hammer gun and enjoy it's history and feel in my hands).

Thanks, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Shooting left of center with my new CZ 75 B, issue with the gun or user?

Some questions that might help point the experts to things to try (I am not one):

Has anyone else shot the gun?

Have you shot it off a rest?

Are you left or right handed?

At what range (yards?) and by how much (inches?) are you missing by?
    Last edited by RJ; 12-18-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Some questions that might help point the experts to things to try (I am not one):

Has anyone else shot the gun?

Have you shot it off a rest?

Are you left or right handed?

At what range (yards?) and by how much (inches?) are you missing by?
    Thanks for the suggestions! I actually went to the range earlier with my ex military friend and it turns out my trigger technique and grip was the culprit! I’m now loving this gun, it had a steeper learning curve for me personally, but this thing is also a beast in comparison to the polymer strikers I’m accustomed to.

What changes did you make in your grip? I also have a CZ.
    Randy

User Tag List