Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical 92 Elite LTT vs. Wilson 92G Brigadier Tactical

The Elite LTT and Brig (and all other full size 92s) use a 13# recoil spring. I run a 11.5# Wilson recoil spring in my Brig and my Elite 2 to take some of the sight dip out as they return to battery.

As to the original question, LTT 92 every time over the Brig Tac. Same for the CenTac. LTT 92 is the pinnacle of 92s IMO.
    Shoot more, post less...

You might want to consider using WCs chrome silicon springs. Supposed to last much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ccssid View Post
    Not to change the subject, how does the wilson combat centurion fit into the scheme of things?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    I have the trio......and I have more mixed feelings on the Cen Tac than the others. Right up front, I think the LTT is the best 92 variant made, period. That said, the "upgraded" 92's all offer some really similar feature sets, including the M9A3.

The one and only thing the Cen Tac really offers is that it may be more comfortable for AIWB for some people. That's a plus. I used to carry a full sized 92 all day AIWB with a Keeper. Specifically, I used an M9A3 for that role. Then summer rolled around and I decided I'd rather sweat on polymer, so I switched to my PX4CC. I'm just going to keep on carrying the PX4CC now. That kind of kills the real utility of the Cen Tac for me. I'm keeping the gun because I have a silly weakness for the upgraded Berettas, but that's probably the only reason.

Now, the Cen Tac has a recoil impulse that has less front sight dip than the Brig slides guns. Les Pepperoni wrote a post about setting up a gun with a Brig slide for USPSA. I followed that advice on my Brig Tac and an Inox Brig I have. It worked very well. No more sight dip. Finding Brig holsters is a little tougher than others. The Cen Tac and LTT have both fit in normal M9A1 holsters for me.

So, I guess if you're adding it all up.....I'd probably rate the Cen Tac and the Brig Tac as equals, but both are behind the Elite LTT and the M9A3 for me in the 92 hierarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    The truth is the LTT has a 13# spring in it vs a stock 15#... There is no discernible difference between guns with the same weight springs in them.
    Try 11#/12# springs in and the 92's become really flat shooting.

I wonder if your BrigTac is oversprung... What difference are you seeing on the timer?
    My guns all have the stock recoil springs in them except for my older Brig Tac. I thought I replaced the recoil spring with the same weight, but I may not have done so. Something for me to check.

My difference on the timer varies, but a shot string is always faster with the Elite LTT.

just one other thing. wilson lists their cen-tac as "Slide to Frame fit as tight as practical within production gun limits". What precisely does this equate to ? Is this for real / does Langdon do the same ?
    Last edited by ccssid; 12-18-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Les- I assume you’re talking about RECOIL springs here...

I have not seen any mention that the Elite LTT comes with anything other than a stock recoil spring. If it does, I’d hope that Langdon Tactical would stock and sell the “special” replacement parts, as my gun will be due for the 5k round replacement in a few more months.

The Elite LTT does come stock with a “D” (which I believe is about 16 #) HAMMER spring, and gets a 13 # HAMMER spring with the trigger job... is it possible that this is the 13 # spring you mentioned?

ETA: I see that LTT does stock the Wilson Combat 12.5# recoil spring. Do you have verification that this is the spring used in all Elite LTTs? If this is the case, I find it surprising that it’s not mentioned in any of the Beretta or LTT material.

E (again) TA: I see on the Wilson Combat site that 13# is “factory standard” for the full-size 92, and 14# is standard for the Compact/Centurian. So I’m concluding that the Elite LTT comes with a “factory standard” 13# recoil spring.
    Sorry for the confusion.
    I contacted LTT about springs used in the trigger job variant when I was ordering replacements earlier this month.

What I was told is that the Elite LTT with trigger job has a 13# Wilson Combat hammer spring (modified, though not specified how), the OEM recoil spring, and an OEM trigger spring (also modified without specification).

I'm assuming the modification is just the polishing that gets mentioned on the WC 12.5# spring they sell, but I've got no frame of reference to confirm that.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    What I was told is that the Elite LTT with trigger job has a 13# Wilson Combat hammer spring (modified, though not specified how), the OEM recoil spring, and an OEM trigger spring (also modified without specification).

I'm assuming the modification is just the polishing that gets mentioned on the WC 12.5# spring they sell, but I've got no frame of reference to confirm that.
    Sorry, may have misread/had bad info.

That said, I've not felt a difference between guns that were sprung the same...

Quote Originally Posted by ccssid View Post
    just one other thing. wilson lists their cen-tac as "Slide to Frame fit as tight as practical within production gun limits". What precisely does this equate to ? Is this for real / does Langdon do the same ?
    Alright, so, IIRC at the time the Brig Tac was introduced Wilson asked Beretta to make sure the slide to frame fit was as good as the 92A1's that were being produced at the time. Why? Because at that time the Italian made 92A1's were coming with a pretty snug slide to frame fit and were still working reliably. So Wilson asked BUSA to make the Brig Tac models with that tight of a slide to frame fit. I have a 92A1 from that era and it certainly isn't sloppy. It's also not Les Baer 1911 tight either. The Brig Tac is pretty much the same. It's nice, but I doubt you will confuse it with a custom 1911. As for the Cen Tac, some of the requested specs on it are kind of copy/paste from the Brig Tac. The slide to frame fit is one of them.

My LTT is very nice in lock up as well. It's every bit as tight as any 92 I've ever handled, maybe a little lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Alright, so, IIRC at the time the Brig Tac was introduced Wilson asked Beretta to make sure the slide to frame fit was as good as the 92A1's that were being produced at the time. Why? Because at that time the Italian made 92A1's were coming with a pretty snug slide to frame fit and were still working reliably. So Wilson asked BUSA to make the Brig Tac models with that tight of a slide to frame fit. I have a 92A1 from that era and it certainly isn't sloppy. It's also not Les Baer 1911 tight either. The Brig Tac is pretty much the same. It's nice, but I doubt you will confuse it with a custom 1911. As for the Cen Tac, some of the requested specs on it are kind of copy/paste from the Brig Tac. The slide to frame fit is one of them.

My LTT is very nice in lock up as well. It's every bit as tight as any 92 I've ever handled, maybe a little lighter.
    Yes. You have answered my question. Thanks. I can add the cen tac slide to frame fit is indeed smooth as silk and a very nice trigger as well ( with the action tune). I have never handled a strd 92 (nor a Langdon Elite Ltt). Also, agree, not as tight as a Les Baer ( as I have both ....cen tac and Les baer ). Primarily, looking to see how the slide frame fit is with the ltt compared to.....as I have had my eyes on purchasing an Elite LTT. I do appreciate all the feed back from everyone.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I'll add that my LTT Elite is the tightest 92 I own, noticeably better fit than my Brigadier Tactical. The Brigadier Tactical in turn is noticeably tighter than my commercial M9.

While my LTT Elite is exceptional, I'll note that it is also more recently manufactured than the Brigadier Tactical. My Brigadier Tactical was among the last pistols produced in Accokeek, MD; the Elite was produced in Gallatin, TN.

I think the trend line is towards better fit 92s all around, which is a boon for pizza gun fans.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List