Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical 92 Elite LTT vs. Wilson 92G Brigadier Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    5) The Elite LTT feels smaller in my hands. Not sure why, but it does. It is the only 92-series gun that I have seriously considered carrying. The LTT grips seem to play a role, but I am not sure how or why.
    The LTT thin grips absolutely change the handling of the Beretta 92 for me in a rather positive way. Definitely way less chunky and manageable for my smedium hands. They’re a lot easier for me to get a 360 degree grip, a lot easier to hit the mag release, and the texturing it just about where I want it. If I were to add more Beretta 92s to my safe, they would all be wearing LTT thin grips. Hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just when I'd finally become very comfortable & content with Glock 17.3........

Not to change the subject, how does the wilson combat centurion fit into the scheme of things?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccssid View Post
    Not to change the subject, how does the wilson combat centurion fit into the scheme of things?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    That's a somewhat vague question. It's a WC version of a Commander-sized Beretta 92. In other words, it's like a 92 Compact with a full size grip frame, built with Wilson parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    That's a somewhat vague question. It's a WC version of a Commander-sized Beretta 92. In other words, it's like a 92 Compact with a full size grip frame, built with Wilson parts.
    I will rephrase: how would you compare the wilson combat beretta centurion to the langdon elite ltt irrespective of the slighly shorter barrel length?
    Last edited by ccssid; 12-18-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccssid View Post
    I will rephrase: how would you compare the wilson combat beretta centurion to the langdon elite ltt irrespective of the slighly shorter barrel length?
    I had the centurion for a while

Though not a deal breaker - I found the recoil to be greater than was expected by from full size heavy gun.

Just my. 02$. I own a Brig Tac, a Cen Tac, both with the action tune, and an LTT with the trigger job. Keep in mind that I don't shoot competitively so I have little to add concerning how the different pistols act while shooting at speed.

The different grips on the pistols make a significant difference, one which comes down to personal preference. All provide excellent grip on the pistol, aided by the checkered front - and backstraps. In my case, I wear a large to XL glove depending. Also, I have been a mechanic for about 35 years so my hands are beat up, I am losing strength and some dexterity in them, and if I grip some thin objects tightly I experience pain in my thumb joints. Given all of that, and the fact that the LTT trigger breaks noticeably closer to the frame in DA particularly than the WC guns because of the use of the WC trigger bar I find the Brig Tac to work best for me. Having a trigger break that close to the frame with thin grips is just a bit of a problem. That is not to say that I don't shoot the other pistols well. It just takes a bit more effort.

The trigger pull in all of them is excellent. The LTT has an incredibly smooth trigger with absolutely no hint of staging or creep, but it is heavier than on the Wilson pistols, both of which have the slightest amount of staging. As noted the Langdon trigger breaks closer to the frame. SA triggers are excellent.

Since I don't shoot at speed, or for extended periods of time the frame/slide treatments on the Langdon gun don't really come into play. Similarly I notice very little difference in recoil between them. The Cen Tac is noticeably less muzzle heavy and more balanced than the full sized pistols. Of all the sights used I prefer the front sight on the Brig Tac the least as I like the big front dot.

In all, I would find it hard to rate them in relation to the others. I really like the Brig slide, but also like the front slide serrations on the LTT. The Cen Tac exhibits some of the QC issues Beretta has experienced lately, while the others are top notch. The Cen Tac has a very nice balanced feel to it, and all are visually beautiful pistols. Can't go wrong with any of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    You’ll get 2 recoil impulses with the brig. Back and forth....in fact the nose dive is somehow more noticeable than the actual recoil.

With the LTT it’s just one and less pronounced.
    The truth is the LTT has a 13# spring in it vs a stock 15#... There is no discernible difference between guns with the same weight springs in them.
    Try 11#/12# springs in and the 92's become really flat shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Have and shoot both, so here are my two cents.

1) Heavier slide of Brigadier Tactical accentuates recoil, especially on the return to battery. Slide dip is noticeable to me. Elite LTT seems to not have this. I am faster on the timer with the Elite LTT.
    I wonder if your BrigTac is oversprung... What difference are you seeing on the timer?

Having been sponsored by Wilson Combat, If I had to get a new 92, I'd buy a stock LTT model. I really think Ernest nailed it with the LTT 92: For just under a grand, you get everything you need and nothing you don't. The reality is that there really isn't a need for the Brig Slides anymore. The Vertec slide is excellent and offers the choice for replaceable front sight. Ernest has a commitment to customer service that is far above and beyond what comparable places have.

I really love all 92's, but if you had to buy 1 gun, the LTT pretty much seals the deal...

Except for sight... You should buy my sights.
    Oh look! Ernest sells those too! https://www.langdontactical.com/wils...are-notch-305/

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post

Except for sight... You should buy my sights.
    Oh look! Ernest sells those too! https://www.langdontactical.com/wils...are-notch-305/
    And get training from les too!
    Last edited by gomerpyle; 12-18-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    The truth is the LTT has a 13# spring in it vs a stock 15#... There is no discernible difference between guns with the same weight springs in them.
    Try 11#/12# springs in and the 92's become really flat shooting.
    Les- I assume you’re talking about RECOIL springs here...

I have not seen any mention that the Elite LTT comes with anything other than a stock recoil spring. If it does, I’d hope that Langdon Tactical would stock and sell the “special” replacement parts, as my gun will be due for the 5k round replacement in a few more months.

The Elite LTT does come stock with a “D” (which I believe is about 16 #) HAMMER spring, and gets a 13 # HAMMER spring with the trigger job... is it possible that this is the 13 # spring you mentioned?

ETA: I see that LTT does stock the Wilson Combat 12.5# recoil spring. Do you have verification that this is the spring used in all Elite LTTs? If this is the case, I find it surprising that it’s not mentioned in any of the Beretta or LTT material.

E (again) TA: I see on the Wilson Combat site that 13# is “factory standard” for the full-size 92, and 14# is standard for the Compact/Centurian. So I’m concluding that the Elite LTT comes with a “factory standard” 13# recoil spring.
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 12-18-2018 at 12:53 PM.

User Tag List