Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you work with this guy ?

You can tell a lot about a man by how he treats his dog.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    You can tell a lot about a man by how he treats the taxpayers' dog.
    Any dog, really, but still...
    Last edited by Drang; 12-17-2018 at 01:14 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

That miserable pos needs to made to eat dog turds every day.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers13 View Post
    He is a piece of shit and should be on a foot post the rest of his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not good enough. Most of the time a foot post is a gravy job.

Site Supporter
    Even the Grinch had a dog....

Name:  80895E98-6A51-4CA0-B3C7-A63FBB0F902D.png
Views: 419
Size:  66.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    That miserable pos needs to made to eat dog turds every day.
    Cat turds would be better. This man turned his back on his best friend. Our dogs were our children in one sense, and I can't understand this behavior. If he would run out on his canine partner, he would desert his human partner. That's a given.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My suspicion is this officer requested K9 for premium pay and/or a take home car. It does raises the question of how well Ringo was treated and cared for.
    Sure. And I know no one here has ever made a choice at work for more money or benefits despite our hearts not being in the decision.

Seriously though. This officer has a pregnant wife and a toddler and he’s never home due to his shit work schedule. Wife is tired of cleaning up the aging dogs messes and she demanded he make a choice.

Can’t go to work and say he hates the dog. He’s got a family to feed. Makes the least worst choice - someone at the shelter who hates the police calls the news and here we are. Being told how to feel about it despite it having no bearing on our lives at all.

In fact if he’d have just starved, beaten or neglected the animal to death we’d have never heard about it.

Actually I have no idea what his reason was for doing this and neither do any of you.

I don’t happen to agree with the choice that was made here - if it happened the way the news said so. But there it is....

We all want the freedom to shoot a violent attacker in an abandoned ally and expect no questions asked because it’s our right to defend ourselves and we’re the good guys if you don’t believe me you’re an intolerant liberal.

He crossed a moral line abandoning his partner. Okay. I get it. None of us here have ever made a bad choice that looks really bad from the outside.

But Somewhere out there thousands of people hate you because you cross their moral line of carrying a gun and training kill people.

I’m certain I’ll get flamed over this. I don’t support what this guy did - if - It happened just like the news says.

But again....we cant know that. By reacting to this by design type of news we are what we say we oppose the most
    Last edited by Duke; 12-18-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    By reacting to this by design type of news
    You mean we're being manipulated? Say it isn't so. Nothing fires up an emotional response like dog or cop stories.

The rational question is if Ringo had been just a family pet and not a police dog, would anyone notice or care? Of course not. If he really couldn't care for the dog a notice in his department or a rescue agency would have been better options.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If he really couldn't care for the dog a notice in his department or a rescue agency would have been better options.
    I agree completely.

It’s just really easy to make a best choice when someone else has already made the worst one

When you accept an animal into your house and life, you accept responsibility for it ... for life. If you can’t handle it for whatever, you find a new home for it. In extremis, for example that it wouldn’t be safe to re-home the animal, man the fuck up, go to the vet, and put the animal down ethically. That’s how I look at the world, and trust me, I’ve put some serious time, energy, money and life impact into concrete examples of that point of view - less prematurely putting an animal down.

This dude took an aging, retired K9, not just any dog that would also deserve respect, to the pound and dumped it because it was no longer convenient or whatever. Why? I readlly dont’ care. The likely outcome, absent knowledge of the dog’s past, wasn’t adoption, it was the needle and he was just sparing himself from making that decision directly.

If he and I were friends, well, let’s just say I wouldn’t be interested in being friends any more.

And to anwer the question, no, I wouldn’t want to work with him either.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List