Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you work with this guy ?

Site Supporter

Would you work with this guy ?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/retired-p...-gets-demotion

Retired Mississippi police dog rescued from animal shelter as handler gets demotion

A Mississippi cop has been demoted from the K9 unit to patrol duty after taking his retired four-legged partner to an animal shelter to be put up for adoption.

Ringo sniffed out drugs for the Jackson Police Department for nine years until the dog's retirement this past October. Nevertheless, the Labrador retriever had to be rescued recently from the Webster Animal Shelter in nearby Madison, Miss., by the man who trained him to be a police dog, WLBT-TV reported Friday.
    I don’t know that there is a word for being both hurt and mad, but I was both of them. And I still am," Randy Hare, owner of the Alpha Canine Training Center, told the station. "You know it’s just, you just don’t turn your back on something like that--that’s been with you for nine years.”

Jackson police officials said they didn’t know Ringo’s handler, Carl Ellis, had taken the canine to a shelter, the Clarion-Ledger reported.
    Ringo.

Name:  4B921C5D-708B-4A3D-A45A-584345693F28.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  101.5 KB

The former handler, Carl Ellis
    Name:  79A66F64-4BF8-4B24-8C0D-850DBEBB40EF.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  24.7 KB

Would you want to work the street with Officer Ellis ?
    Last edited by HCM; 12-16-2018 at 09:02 PM.

I hope he’s not expecting anyone to have his back when something goes sideways, off the job...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Having grown up within 80 miles of Jackson and having kept up with the city, I'm not surprised.

He is a piece of shit and should be on a foot post the rest of his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's beyond sad.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'm very happy for Ringo, hopefully soon to be in a long term loving household. How much love was he receiving living with this former Handler/Partner? Wonder how many times this K-9 requested a different partner? Woof-woof woof woof ... woof, "Hey Sarg I need a new partner, this lazy-ass, no good *bleeper* ain't worth riding with".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    I'm very happy for Ringo, hopefully soon to be in a long term loving household. How much love was he receiving living with this former Handler/Partner? Wonder how many times this K-9 requested a different partner? Woof-woof woof woof ... woof, "Hey Sarg I need a new partner, this lazy-ass, no good *bleeper* ain't worth riding with".
    My suspicion is this officer requested K9 for premium pay and/or a take home car. It does raises the question of how well Ringo was treated and cared for.

I really don't understand this. At my old agency, if this dude had sent an email out that said "Hey guys, my life situation has changed and I can't give Ringo the care he deserves," he would have gotten Ringo a new home in a matter of minutes, especially since he's a detection dog, and would be less of a handful than a former patrol dog.

Shitbird.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I'll take Ringo. You can hang onto that other fellow.

Ellis should get a Blue Falcon award.

User Tag List