Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you work with this guy ?

Please keep in mind Dog is GOD spelled backwards. Because of this I treat my dog's like they are royalty. It maybe my only chance of making it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Sure. And I know no one here has ever made a choice at work for more money or benefits despite our hearts not being in the decision.

Seriously though. This officer has a pregnant wife and a toddler and he’s never home due to his shit work schedule. Wife is tired of cleaning up the aging dogs messes and she demanded he make a choice.

Can’t go to work and say he hates the dog. He’s got a family to feed. Makes the least worst choice - someone at the shelter who hates the police calls the news and here we are. Being told how to feel about it despite it having no bearing on our lives at all.

In fact if he’d have just starved, beaten or neglected the animal to death we’d have never heard about it.

Actually I have no idea what his reason was for doing this and neither do any of you.

I don’t happen to agree with the choice that was made here - if it happened the way the news said so. But there it is....

We all want the freedom to shoot a violent attacker in an abandoned ally and expect no questions asked because it’s our right to defend ourselves and we’re the good guys if you don’t believe me you’re an intolerant liberal.

He crossed a moral line abandoning his partner. Okay. I get it. None of us here have ever made a bad choice that looks really bad from the outside.

But Somewhere out there thousands of people hate you because you cross their moral line of carrying a gun and training kill people.

I’m certain I’ll get flamed over this. I don’t support what this guy did - if - It happened just like the news says.

But again....we cant know that. By reacting to this by design type of news we are what we say we oppose the most
    I have, unfortunately seen and worked with LEOs who would do exactly what this news said this guy did and think nothing of it, until they got caught. I didn’t post this because it is unimaginable, I posted it because I could easily name four or five LEOs who would do the same thing this POS did for the same self serving reasons I posted. It’s not a mystery.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-18-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Site Supporter

EDIT: I missed the fact on my first read that the dog was, in fact, retired from active duty, so to speak.
    He's still a POS, but it mitigates, a bit, the "selling the taxpayers' property and his partner" thing.
    A bit.
    Last edited by Drang; 12-18-2018 at 02:31 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Sure. And I know no one here has ever made a choice at work for more money or benefits despite our hearts not being in the decision.

Seriously though. This officer has a pregnant wife and a toddler and he’s never home due to his shit work schedule. Wife is tired of cleaning up the aging dogs messes and she demanded he make a choice.

Can’t go to work and say he hates the dog. He’s got a family to feed. Makes the least worst choice - someone at the shelter who hates the police calls the news and here we are. Being told how to feel about it despite it having no bearing on our lives at all.

In fact if he’d have just starved, beaten or neglected the animal to death we’d have never heard about it.

Actually I have no idea what his reason was for doing this and neither do any of you.

I don’t happen to agree with the choice that was made here - if it happened the way the news said so. But there it is....

We all want the freedom to shoot a violent attacker in an abandoned ally and expect no questions asked because it’s our right to defend ourselves and we’re the good guys if you don’t believe me you’re an intolerant liberal.

He crossed a moral line abandoning his partner. Okay. I get it. None of us here have ever made a bad choice that looks really bad from the outside.

But Somewhere out there thousands of people hate you because you cross their moral line of carrying a gun and training kill people.

I’m certain I’ll get flamed over this. I don’t support what this guy did - if - It happened just like the news says.

But again....we cant know that. By reacting to this by design type of news we are what we say we oppose the most
    He’s pathetic. I don’t care about his family problems. He chose poorly. He did not choose the “least worst” option. That would’ve been finding it another home. Giving away a dog because it’s old and inconvenient is cowardly bull$hit but if you’re gonna turn the dogs life upside down after it’s been loyal to you, at least find a loving home. He left it at an animal shelter. That’s gross poor judgement and indicative of an inability to make sound decisions. People who won’t love and care for a pet to the end shouldn’t have a pet. He is an example of what’s wrong with the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Not good enough. Most of the time a foot post is a gravy job.
    Not where I worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    He’s pathetic. I don’t care about his family problems. He chose poorly. He did not choose the “least worst” option. That would’ve been finding it another home. Giving away a dog because it’s old and inconvenient is cowardly bull$hit but if you’re gonna turn the dogs life upside down after it’s been loyal to you, at least find a loving home. He left it at an animal shelter. That’s gross poor judgement and indicative of an inability to make sound decisions. People who won’t love and care for a pet to the end shouldn’t have a pet. He is an example of what’s wrong with the human race.
    Man you know I’m with you.

But.

Lots of guys are pointing out the lifelong promise, till death do us part and all.... some guys saying they wouldn’t want to be friends with someone anymore that broke that promise.

And I get it. That kind of choice speaks to who one really is.

But how many of us have divorced friends? Or are divorced ourselfs. Think of then havoc that places on the kids.
    To that end how about just the folks who’ve cheated on their spouse with kids involved. Surely that’s cowardly right ?
    A kid never forgets or understands the situation.

Why is it worse when it’s a dog instead of a kid ? Or worse when it’s a promise to an animal rather than another human ?

But.

Lots of guys are pointing out the lifelong promise, till death do us part and all.... some guys saying they wouldn’t want to be friends with someone anymore that broke that promise.

But how many of us have divorced friends? Or are divorced ourselfs. Think of then havoc that places on the kids.
    To that end how about just the folks who’ve cheated on their spouse with kids involved. Surely that’s cowardly right ?

Why is it worse when it’s a dog instead of a kid ? Or worse when it’s a promise to an animal rather than another human ?
    Because a dog, especially an aging one, is truly a dependent. Humans don’t get the needle when you walk.

Once this man trusted his K9, potentially with his life, yet he didn’t have the decency to reciprocate, even with re-homing, because inconvenient.

Yea I’m a hard-ass on this issue. I can live with that.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

But.

Wait, you mean dropping my ex off at the shelter was an option! That would have saved a lot of money and aggravation......

But.

Guano covered it. And with most pets it’s a life long commitment for the pet - not the owner. Dogs and cats rarely live past 10-15 years depending on breed.

User Tag List