Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The oldest daughter doing mounted cowboy action shooting PIC HEAVY

Site Supporter
    Boss Godfrey in the movie Cool Hand Luke was known as the "man with no eye". Hey Lost, ask your daughter to look at his sunglasses. Perhaps they are "cool enough" for her to choose a similar pair to protect her eyes. From a technical point, almost any eyewear would suffice, cheap or expensive. The trick is to find a pair that complements her attire. Stylish may be the key word. The child may associate shooting glasses with corrective shoes. This lovely young woman has poise and beauty enough to ride into the realm of high class magazines or film. Hence, her "sunglasses" must fit the image that she projects.
    Last edited by willie; 12-17-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Site Supporter
    That is awesome. I really wish I had moved west to Idaho a few years ago but family ties in PA kept here.

That is a cool sport! Great pics, amazing skills from your daughter!

Sent from my iPhone
    (So Excuse the typos)
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    I bet that Stephanie, when she ain't barrel racing at the rodeo, competes at cowboy action shooting with her horse. She's just too bashful to brag.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

The oldest daughter doing mounted cowboy action shooting PIC HEAVY

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I bet that Stephanie, when she ain't barrel racing at the rodeo, competes at cowboy action shooting with her horse. She's just too bashful to brag.
    Horses?!? YGBSM. Sit on top of 1,200lbs of ambulatory dog food, operated by a brain the size of a walnut?

That’s a hard no.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 12-17-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Horses?!? YGBSM. Sit on top of 1,200lbs of ambulatory dog food, operated by a brain the size of a walnut?

That’s a hard no.
    This^^^^^We invented motorcycles for a reason.

@Lost River awesome pics and it looks like your daughter is having a ton of fun. Yes on those safety glasses, maybe something "Steampunk" to go with the attire? https://www.moosejaw.com/product/jul...yABEgJADPD_BwE

I'm hoping she gives her "What I did over the summer" reports in class with pictures of her mounted and shooting stuff. I'm sure even in Idaho that gets some of the teachers all verklempt.

That’s a hard no.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I've always wondered, since the guns are being fired right by the horse's head, do they get hearing protection, or just live with horsey tinnitus?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

That’s a hard no.
    This^^^^^We invented motorcycles for a reason.
    Why couldn't this sort of match be done with motorcycles? I don't know if one could get a black-powder autoloader to run well for the match, but I guess .45 Colt or .44 magnum N-frames would work. There could be matches where the participants ride old motorcycles and dress like wartime dispatch riders.

It would be a tough match. The horses come to know the routes they run. Motorcycles, not so much.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 12-17-2018 at 03:30 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I've always wondered, since the guns are being fired right by the horse's head, do they get hearing protection, or just live with horsey tinnitus?
    They have ear plugs. (Who knew?)

I guess some training is necessary to get a horse to tolerate them.

User Tag List