Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I think the Gladiator looks ugly as sin...
    I agree. It's not pleasing to my eyes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Yup, a 5 1/2' bed is pretty much useless
    If you actually haul stuff. What percent of four-door F150's are sold with 5.5' beds? A really good chunk of them. There are four-door F-150's with 6.5 beds but they are few and far between. This strikes me as the perfect vehicle for someone who needs a Ridgeline but wants to look cooler.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    If you actually haul stuff. What percent of four-door F150's are sold with 5.5' beds? A really good chunk of them. There are four-door F-150's with 6.5 beds but they are few and far between. This strikes me as the perfect vehicle for someone who needs a Ridgeline but wants to look cooler.
    That's ok I guess, Myself, I'm one of those folks who uses a 8' bed..I heat my house with a outside wood burner, and my truck is used as my wood hauler, I need a 8' bed.. anything smaller isn't even a consideration. Right now, my truck is sitting outside with a load of maple in it..I can't get into my side yard where my woodpile is, because the ground is saturated with water from all the rain we got over the weekend. But yeah, I use mine to actually haul stuff, and I've put some pretty good loads on it, too.
    Last edited by ralph; 12-17-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-ford-r...but-1831147912

New Ranger is apparently out as well.

I'll stick with my Ram.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-ford-r...but-1831147912

New Ranger is apparently out as well.

I'll stick with my Ram.
    The transmission issues alone made me avoid anything with a Dodge/ZF 8 speed (and that was coming from a buddy that runs 5 general maintenance auto service companies). If yours hasn’t had an issue, congrats.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    The transmission issues alone made me avoid anything with a Dodge/ZF 8 speed (and that was coming from a buddy that runs 5 general maintenance auto service companies). If yours hasn’t had an issue, congrats.
    Mine is a 2012, so six speed 65RFE. Bought it new, not quite 50k miles, no issues at all so far.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Mine is a 2012, so six speed 65RFE. Bought it new, not quite 50k miles, no issues at all so far.
    That's good.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I don't disagree, but I also don't know that it's the same target market.

The Ridgeline appears to exist for the pleated-khaki dad who thinks he might want a truck but who believes that reliability, longevity, etc. all trump serious utility or "cool" factor. He actually does want to keep it for 200k.

The Jeep appears to exist for the guy that wants to be an offroader, or appear to be one, but will rarely go offroad in any real capacity and (likely due to the headaches of driving around in a Jeep) will sell the thing off before it hits 50k on the odometer.

The Taco is probably somewhere in between.

Not sure what the point of the Ranger is yet. Maybe nostalgia shoppers, 'Merica, and the guy that wants a Taco but is too contrarian/snowflake for one, and already finds the Canyon to be too mainstream.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I'll be in the market in a couple of years, and this has my attention. My '95 Sierra is showing her age. I like the bed/gate design of the Ridgeline, and we have had good luck with a number of Jeeps ('04 Liberty, '10 Compass, '10 Cherokee). When the Cherokee got t-boned and totaled, we found an '07 H3 with low miles and a manual transmission. The damn thing is fun to drive, but a repairs are a might costly. I don't know that many vehicles are available with a manual transmission anymore. When the GMC dies, a Jeep with a bed, 4x4, and a stick checks a lot of boxes.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    I continue to read that Jeeps have very low ratings pertaining to quality.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I continue to read that Jeeps have very low ratings pertaining to quality.
    For a $40K vehicle? Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List