Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Don't know yet about the Gladiator, but we know the price range for the Ranger runs mid-20s to high 30s. I don't need a full size pick up truck, but a smaller one would be useful.
    I bet it will be fairly easy to get into the low 40s with a Ranger....
    I bet Gladiators will be $50-60k trucks once you get one optioned out (and how could you stand anything less than a Rubicon?)

I totally agree on the first year risk, but being that the Ranger at least is based on the global Ranger design it is probably a (relatively speaking) safer bet than the Gladiator.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

re: legroom, this is interesting
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...t-photos-info/

Jeep rightfully claims segment-leading rear-seat legroom, bettering the Colorado Crew Cab's 35.8 inches and the Honda Ridgeline's 36.7 inches with 38.0 inches of legroom.
    Compared to 32 for the Tacoma.

The Jeep is sexier than the Ridgeline, but I know which one I’d put my money on to go 200k with minimal drama.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The Jeep is sexier than the Ridgeline, but I know which one I’d put my money on to go 200k with minimal drama.
    I don't disagree, but I also don't know that it's the same target market.

The Ridgeline appears to exist for the pleated-khaki dad who thinks he might want a truck but who believes that reliability, longevity, etc. all trump serious utility or "cool" factor. He actually does want to keep it for 200k.

The Jeep appears to exist for the guy that wants to be an offroader, or appear to be one, but will rarely go offroad in any real capacity and (likely due to the headaches of driving around in a Jeep) will sell the thing off before it hits 50k on the odometer.

The Taco is probably somewhere in between.

Not sure what the point of the Ranger is yet. Maybe nostalgia shoppers, 'Merica, and the guy that wants a Taco but is too contrarian/snowflake for one, and already finds the Canyon to be too mainstream.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I bet it will be fairly easy to get into the low 40s with a Ranger....
    I bet Gladiators will be $50-60k trucks once you get one optioned out (and how could you stand anything less than a Rubicon?)

I totally agree on the first year risk, but being that the Ranger at least is based on the global Ranger design it is probably a (relatively speaking) safer bet than the Gladiator.
    I built (about) the most expensive Ranger I could and it was 42,500. That's a Lariat with the offroad package.

It's still missing some comfort things relative to my current Ram.

The rumor was that the Gladiator was to cost more than the Wrangler. Which seems kind of backwards compared to everyone else that seems to charge less for a pickup than an SUV.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I think the Gladiator looks ugly as sin and seems to be a terrible value vs. tundra/taco, ram, F-series, Sierre/Silverado. Totally uninterested.

That said I am also really into into Jeeps - unrliable and everyone in CO drives one with a lift kit and big ugly tires that have never touched anything more challenging than safeway parking lot. so, a little biased against them. I also generally mistrust anything that FCA has put their hands on.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 12-17-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Long time owner of several Jeep models, most in excess of 200k with excellent service. We're not rock-crawlers, but spend plenty of time in woods and on other rough terrain. The Gladiator looks interesting and would meet a need but I'll pass on being an early adopter, esp the new diesel. I will rent/borrow one at first opportunity though.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Lots more room for me in the JK due to the box shape and the way all the dims are proportioned. I like Tacomas and Forerunners a lot for function, but they are smaller and less comfortable.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Pretty much exactly this.
    Yup, a 5 1/2' bed is pretty much useless, I figure price on this thing will probably start around $30,000..besides, I'd never buy a first year of a new model, that's begging for trouble..I had a Jeep Cherokee once, I wasn't overly impressed with it..

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Really couldn't see spending the money but from my perspective it looks perfect:

I need off-road ability
    I tow 5000 pounds all the time and sometimes more like 7000 but that's about as high as I go
    I use 4-lo probably once a week, usually pulling a boat up a sketchy broken ramp
    I don't need an 8' bed but a truck bed would be really useful
    During the summer I could take the doors off and it would be fun

I always drive old vehicles so I probably won't own one but an off road pickup with jeep door and roof removability would be perfect for me. I could do all the truck functions with any 4wd truck but I need off-road performance similar to my 4runner on account of where I'm often driving, so if I could get a taco with the added bonus of it being fun in the summer, why not?

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

User Tag List