Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I like what I see so far.
    Me too.

Looking forwards to 2040's when I may be able to afford one...

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I’m still lusting after a Hilux (with a snorkel...well...because snorkel) .
    I'm with you, although I don't demand a snorkel.
    That would take undoing a lot of government regulations.
    Unfortunately.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The Jeep is sexier than the Ridgeline, but I know which one I’d put my money on to go 200k with minimal drama.

Honda quality has gone downhill in the last few years.

Wife bought a new CRV.

Lets just say she won't be buying another Honda after owning a Toyota Highlander.

I agree, it's pretty bad. Strange sounds coming from the drive train. Dealer says there is nothing wrong with it. WTH?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Me too.

Looking forwards to 2040's when I may be able to afford one...
    You can get dealer financing out to 6 years. Why put it off when you can have one in your driveway TODAY?
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-01-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Honda quality has gone downhill in the last few years.

Wife bought a new CRV.

Lets just say she won't be buying another Honda after owning a Toyota Highlander.

I agree, it's pretty bad. Strange sounds coming from the drive train. Dealer says there is nothing wrong with it. WTH?
    My 2015 CR-V is my first Honda. 2500 miles out of the extended warranty the CVT trans shit the bed at 102,500. $2800 repair to swap in a used one. I wanted another CR-V or a Ridgeline, now I’m not so sure about that.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Good luck finding a Taco with a stick.
    Plenty of low mileage used ones in my area. That being said, I looked at them today, and they’re not for me. I’m not looking for and off road vehicle, so partly my duh. I did test drive a Nissan Frontier today... in a stick, and did like that a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    You can get dealer financing out to 6 years.
    I have financed the last few new ones that long, it works out ok if you keep things. The first one was the 2003 Suburban that we replaced with the 2014 F-150 that is nearly paid off now. But if ya like to trade cars it is a bad plan.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    The BEST truck I ever owned was a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500.

The epitome of a “truck”. 5 speed manual, 4WD, the old 318ci (whatever the liter equivalent...this is ‘Merica dammit!) bench seats, no carpet. I actually had to order it that way. It allowed me to haul my then bird dogs around, hose out the interior when we were done (they’d ride THERE in their kennels, BACK up front with me), taught my wife and oldest son to drive stick, built a house, and kept me alive in a rollover accident. After said accident, bought 2 new doors off Craigslist, had a buddy pull out the roof dents (frame and posts were still square and fine) hit it with new paint...Done. Drove it for another 70,000mi. Sold it to a local kid who was getting a job in AL and needed a solid work truck for $500. At time of sale, it had 282,000+ miles on it. Didn’t burn, didn’t leak. Good compression. Last I heard, he STILL had it.

That bad boy was built on a Wednesday after a good nights sleep.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I see the Gladiator, not as a truck, but as a suitable replacement for the long line of Cherokees I've driven for the last 20 odd years. I also want a longer wheel base than a Wrangler when hitting the trails. However, I think the PTB over at Jeep are making a huge mistake driving the prices of the Wrangler platform into upscale automobile territory. All I want in my trusty Jeep is cruise control and air conditioning. I don't want electronic traction control, fancy entertainment center, (although the GPS is good to have) automatic lights or heated this and that. (Ok, push come to shove, I appreciate heated seats in the winter.) If I could afford a Gladiator, I'd get one most rikki-tik and I'd pinstripe it Mojave style the first weekend out.

(What I'd really like is a Gladiator with a 5.7 Hemi, 6 speed manual, 35 inch tires, a crawl ratio of 75:1 or better and a top that goes all the way back to tail gate.)
    Last edited by MistWolf; 06-01-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

I want a gladiator badly, but I just bought a GTI a year and a half ago...

User Tag List