Thread: Hole in Beretta 92 Trigger Bar Release Plunger Notch?

Hole in Beretta 92 Trigger Bar Release Plunger Notch?

While scrubbing down my Elite LTT for the first time today at the 500 round mark, I noticed a bit of Bruniton finish come off the inside of the slide. While small flakes have been coming off during the entire break-in period, this piece was notable in that it came off as a larger chunk and didn't completely come off of the slide. When I pulled the chunk free, I noticed a new hole in my slide near what I believe is the trigger bar release plunger notch (right side of the slide under the decocker). A photo is below - am I correct in assuming that all B92 slides have this hole cut in them and subsequently filled up during the Bruniton coating, or should I be concerned at all about the structural integrity of my slide? I'm assuming that someone with an Inox would be able to confirm whether or not it's there on theirs, but I haven't seen any other photos of this that I can find.

If you're pointing to a long slit that goes though to the slide rail, all mine have it to some extent. In a brand new slide I have it's barely visible, but in a 92 with >30K I can see daylight through it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If you're pointing to a long slit that goes though to the slide rail, all mine have it to some extent. In a brand new slide I have it's barely visible, but in a 92 with >30K I can see daylight through it.
    Same with my Beretta 92 pistols. Here’s a picture of a 92FS Compact with a couple thousand rounds through it.

Name:  60049BBF-331A-4C1D-8D7A-14429267E316.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  16.2 KB

Thanks all, I assumed it was an intentional weep hole that just didn't get opened up after the finish, but couldn't be sure.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I would thoroughly deburr it just to make sure no more pieces fall off and get to places you don't want them.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List