Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: bomb threat on a bus

Site Supporter
    A lot more was involved in the Miami FAM shooting then Alpizar shouting bomb and getting shot. Alpizar rushed from the rear of the aircraft, shouting he had a bomb with a backpack worn on the front of his chest. He ran off the plane onto the jet bridge. The two FAMs followed and gave verbal orders to him at gun point to lay down. Alpizar turned around on the jet bridge and advanced on the two FAMs ignoring orders to prone out. As Alpizar approached the FAMs he reached into his backpack shouting he had a bomb. When Alpizar reached into his backpack the two FAMs shot him.

Alpizar expressed intent by shouting he had a bomb.
    Alpizar had opportunity by being on the jet bridge and aircraft.
    Alpizar possibly had the means when he reached into his backpack while ignoring the FAMs orders to prone out.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    ...and given the mission and training of the FAMS their response was perfectly reasonable.

We are diminished
    With apologies for bringing this back to the fore...

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    my 2A and the laws in my state give me the right to defend myself weither its at tier1 or teir 20 anytime I am in fear for my life!!!
    Could you scan and PM me a .pdf of your copy of the Constitution. Mine doesn't mention either the word "tier" nor "fear" in the Second Amendment. Your interpretation that any time you subjectively feel afraid it automatically equates with justification to kill is unsupported by any case law of which I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    point being they they SHOT him over a threat of a bomb !!! no proof ,just a threat. "they were in fear for their lives" just like me
    "A 44-year-old U.S. citizen who claimed to have a bomb was shot and killed when air marshals opened fire on a boarding bridge at the Miami airport, several sources told CNN. No bomb was found."
    what makes this different then a bus outside of the Obvious?
    First, the FAMs receive extensive training involving identifying threats and how to handle them.

Second, the FAMs are specifically tasked with eliminating potential national security threats on airplanes and are provided extraordinary leeway in order to accomplish that mission.

Third, your understanding of the incident (apparently based on some web news articles) is incomplete. I have the final DHS/FAM report on my computer and suffice to say that it goes into more detail than you.

The last time I read about an average Joe needing to take out a bus bomber was in a book my James Thurber...

Banned
    Say it forget it.... write it regret it

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The last time I read about an average Joe needing to take out a bus bomber was in a book my James Thurber...
    That took me a second, and then I LOL'ed. Well played, sir!
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    That took me a second, and then I LOL'ed. Well played, sir!
    I made a literary reference that Tam didn't get immediately? I think I just won the internet...

I think I just won the internet...
    With your left hand..... At three hundred feet.

Banned
    Could you scan and PM me a .pdf of your copy of the Constitution. Mine doesn't mention either the word "tier" nor "fear" in the Second Amendment. Your interpretation that any time you subjectively feel afraid it automatically equates with justification to kill is unsupported by any case law of which I am aware.

just so you know this doesn't follow the standard chart that someone posted so for the sake of this convo please stick to the subject. just for the record I don't need someone to tell me its OK to shoot just when I am wrong..

Banned
    [QUOTE=Tamara;58294]Yo
    ur hypothetical bomb guy... Other than his words, do you have any other indication he has a bomb? Is he holding, oh, a garage door opener in his hand? Does one hand stay in his pocket? Is he wearing a suspiciously lumpy undershirt?
    when he jumps up and says " I have a bomb" he has/is threading every on on the bus

How come scenarios from CCW holders so often seem to boil down to "Can I shoot him now? How 'bout now? Now?

Because when you spend enough time on these Webb sites people are constancy telling you what you can't do even though they don't practice law and/or are in the law profession

User Tag List