Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilson combat vertec 92g

Wilson combat vertec 92g

Trigger is a little long. Frame is great. Very accuarate. Only about 250 rounds fired so far.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I think this is a really intriguing offer by WC, and a pretty good deal when you take into consideration what the package includes. I have been curious as to whether there have been any cosmetic QC issues with them like there were with some Cen Tacs, but which haven't been evident with the LTT pistols.

Let us know how it shoots once you get some more rounds through it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    I think this is a really intriguing offer by WC, and a pretty good deal when you take into consideration what the package includes. I have been curious as to whether there have been any cosmetic QC issues with them like there were with some Cen Tacs, but which haven't been evident with the LTT pistols.

Will do. Taking it out again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    Trigger is a little long.
    Wilson Combat sells a short reach trigger that helps a little bit. It’s just enough for me if I mount a set of ultra thin grips.
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

Quote Originally Posted by BobRockefeller View Post
    Wilson Combat sells a short reach trigger that helps a little bit. It’s just enough for me if I mount a set of ultra thin grips.
    This supposedly has the short trigger, trigger bar and hammer in it. Its not bad. I'm used to sti and zev race guns.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post

How is this a good deal? $300 more than a brig tac to make the frame into the inferior vertec pattern

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    How is this a good deal? $300 more than a brig tac to make the frame into the inferior vertec pattern
    Yes, it is $300 more expensive than the Brig Tac w/o the action tune & mag guide. Add the action tune & mag guide to the Brig Tac (features that are standard on the new pistol) and you are paying roughly $125 more for the frame work and finish. It is a personal decision as to whether you prefer the Vertec frame.
    Last edited by JimLob65; 12-15-2018 at 08:20 PM.

What makes it inferior? I own both of the other wc and the ltt and this is just as nice as those.

I personally prefer the more traditional frame, but many like the flatter back profile. I also prefer the arched mainspring housing on a 1911, though many prefer flat.

I'm a long time lurker here, but figured I'd register and post in this thread. I picked up a Wilson vertec / BrigTac a little bit ago. I'd had the opportunity to shoot a BrigTac a couple years ago and had been coveting one ever since.

I was eyeing the Cent/Tac but read about some QC issues that a couple people were unhappy with. I ordered the vertec because I figured the extra work Wilson was doing would hopefully keep anything from slipping through, as I was ordering sight unseen.

I know some people say they shoot the standard frame better, but as I have pretty much zero time on the Beretta anyways, I figured the vertec frame would be just fine.

I've been shooting Glocks for years and this is my first serious attempt to master a DA/SA pistol. I also haven't been this excited about a new pistol in a really long time. So far I have put about 1k through it and other than my support side palm riding the slide stop/release and preventing it from locking back it's ran fine.

Target was the 10/10/10 drill shot from the ready as I didn't have a holster yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List