Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilson combat vertec 92g

Same pistol I'm looking at buying any more details?

Pyrotechnic, there was someone on the Beretta forum a while back had the same problem. He thinned down the slide stop lever a bit and solved it.

Craig,
    Thanks for the info. I haven't had a chance to shoot the last several months, but I'll be home this coming month and, weather permitting, plan to shoot quite a bit. I'm pretty sure that I can sort the issue out by working on my grip. I'm going to try to work the software side a bit before I modify the pistol.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I have handled a couple of the Vertec Wilson Brigs now (but not shot one) and I think they are a very compelling offering. Wilson also just released a Vertec Centurion (black grips) for those folks who don't need all of the extra weight in the slide the brig offers (and a slightly shorter slide/barrel, buit still very much a full-size "duty" pistol by virtually any standard). I previously owned a Wilson Centurion (regret selling it) without trigger work, and it was a fine pistol - a fantastic shooter.

I just purchased a Langdon LTT 92G with Trigger Job (from Langdon direct to me FFL) and it is also a peach - no doubt about it. Both Wilson and Langdon bring compelling, well-built, premium Beretta offerings to the table, and ANY fan of the 92 platform would at least be silly not to take a look at one and handle it should the opportunity arise. The DA action is perhaps only bested, in my inventory, by my CZ Shadow-Line Compact (from CZ Custom), and even then, my opinion is certainly subjective. The DA on the LTT is superb in every respect, and the SA crisp and light as well.

Are super-fantastic 92s for everyone, of course not - but both the standard 92 frame profile and the Vertec profile address the multitude of preferences in the market, and address them accordingly. As a 1911 enthusiast, it is hard for me to discount the appeal of the Vertec frame (and I am sure I will have one sooner or later - be it a Wilson or an M9A3), even though I love the standard frame/grip as well. Why folks are getting bent over which one is “better,” or otherwise seems silly, and frankly reminds me a bit of a busy plastic-fantastic forum that doesn’t acknowledge the existence of pistols prior to the 1980s when they made their way over from Austria….

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    How is this a good deal? $300 more than a brig tac to make the frame into the inferior vertec pattern
    It's a great deal if the "superior" normal 92 frame's grip is a bit too much for your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    How is this a good deal? $300 more than a brig tac to make the frame into the inferior vertec pattern
    ...and the Vertec is inferior (vs. just different) how?

Well, I've put about another 1000 rnds through the vertec/brig-tac. I'm really enjoying shooting this thing. After years of shooting Glocks almost exclusively it's teaching me a thing or two.

I always shoot left (I'm a righty) with Glocks unless I use the pad of my finger, this allows me to press straight to the rear and keeps the rest of the finger from contacting the frame during the press. I also really grip the piss out of it with my support hand, masking any trigger press mistakes. I've had very good success with this.

With the Beretta, I've had my best success burying my trigger finger as far as it will go and gripping the piss out of it with my firing hand. I have a tendency to throw shots right if I do otherwise, especially the DA shot.

I'm still intermittently riding the slide stop with my support side palm, but it's getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotechnic View Post
    Well, I've put about another 1000 rnds through the vertec/brig-tac. I'm really enjoying shooting this thing. After years of shooting Glocks almost exclusively it's teaching me a thing or two.

I always shoot left (I'm a righty) with Glocks unless I use the pad of my finger, this allows me to press straight to the rear and keeps the rest of the finger from contacting the frame during the press. I also really grip the piss out of it with my support hand, masking any trigger press mistakes. I've had very good success with this.

With the Beretta, I've had my best success burying my trigger finger as far as it will go and gripping the piss out of it with my firing hand. I have a tendency to throw shots right if I do otherwise, especially the DA shot.

I'm still intermittently riding the slide stop with my support side palm, but it's getting better.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Vertec Brig Tac. These have me very interested in picking up one of the Vertec models, but I am also curious to see if Langdon is going to be coming out with any new models. Anyway, thank you for sharing. Let's see a pic or two if you have a chance.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoldie00 View Post

As a 1911 enthusiast, it is hard for me to discount the appeal of the Vertec frame (and I am sure I will have one sooner or later - be it a Wilson or an M9A3), even though I love the standard frame/grip as well. .
    I didn't realize that the M9A3 had a different frame angle. Does 92 grip panels and parts fit into the vertec/M9A3 frame?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I didn't realize that the M9A3 had a different frame angle. Does 92 grip panels and parts fit into the vertec/M9A3 frame?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    As far as I am aware, all parts interchange between 'standard frame' and vertec frame 92s except the grips plates (not including the 92A1).

User Tag List