Page 95 of 112 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Looking forward to the update, have fun!
    OK first fam-fire in pretty heavy rain. The G48 ran great for these few total rounds, +/- 75 or so?

Here are some Go Pro's of some of the shooting.

SHO just shooting to a moderately quick cadence. I've been particularly interested in how the smaller grip may help this sort of shooting.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/

WHO same deal

F2S repeated 3 times from ready. No timer. Just getting a feel.

G43 slide assembly including RSA on the G48

The POI with the OEM plastic sights was several inches high at 25 yards. Very common in my experience for guns that are tight and precise. Will be changing these out of course. But while confirming POI at 25 I saw some damn encouraging precision.

The most striking thing to me is the G48 recoil. Stupifying was the word that came to me on the range re how soft it felt. I shot my G43 back to back with it and the difference was significant to me.

I thought the 48 lower with my 43 slide assembly on it recoiled noticeably more than the 48 with its own barrel but noticeably less than the complete G43. I used the 43's OEM RSA when I put it on the 48 lower because the two RSA's seems a skosh different and I thought it safer to keep the short slide with its own RSA.

There may be new Glock voodoo in the G48 spring rates which accounted for the soft recoil.

I'm very impressed. Apologies in advance for some of the ranting, I was as I say, stupefied. Geeked out.

Edit: I did see a couple of failure to lock on empty shooting freestyle which I am sure is my strong hand high thumb interfering with it. It's a bad habit that's crept in from riding the 1911 safeties.
    Last edited by JHC; 01-19-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Awesome feedback! Thank you.

I like the 48 so much I don't know that I'll use the 43 slide on it very often or ever.

I think the grip is really a nice dimension. Messing around with it appendix last evening I think it conceals better than the similar length G19 grip because it's a fair bit thinner.

Shooting freestyle there is still ample real estate to put the support hand to work.

A few dry fire reloads went very smoothly without having to pull the pinkie out of the way.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I like the 48 so much I don't know that I'll use the 43 slide on it very often or ever.

I think the grip is really a nice dimension. Messing around with it appendix last evening I think it conceals better than the similar length G19 grip because it's a fair bit thinner.

Shooting freestyle there is still ample real estate to put the support hand to work.

A few dry fire reloads went very smoothly without having to pull the pinkie out of the way.
    My want... is now need

Site Supporter
    Thank you JHC! Nice review.

Man, @JHC, I liked and unliked that post just so I could like it again. That’s pretty much that, thanks. The only thing keeping me from crediting you with a sale is the fact that I have already reserved a 48 at my LGS, but now I can buy it without my internal "Glock beta-test meter" needle moving off the peg.

Aaaaaaand, speaking of Chick Haggard, here we go:

http://www.thetacticalwire.com/featu...7-9b0253ea361f
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Man, @JHC, I liked and unliked that post just so I could like it again. That’s pretty much that, thanks. The only thing keeping me from crediting you with a sale is the fact that I have already reserved a 48 at my LGS, but now I can buy it without my internal "Glock beta-test meter" needle moving off the peg.

Aaaaaaand, speaking of Chick Haggard, here we go:

http://www.thetacticalwire.com/featu...7-9b0253ea361f
    "Silver Slimlines"

I kind of like it.

The most striking thing to me is the G48 recoil. Stupifying was the word that came to me on the range re how soft it felt. I shot my G43 back to back with it and the difference was significant to me.

I thought the 48 lower with my 43 slide assembly on it recoiled noticeably more than the 48 with its own barrel but noticeably less than the complete G43. I used the 43's OEM RSA when I put it on the 48 lower because the two RSA's seems a skosh different and I thought it safer to keep the short slide with its own RSA.

There may be new Glock voodoo in the G48 spring rates which accounted for the soft recoil.
    I am not sure if this is fair to ask or not, but how does the recoil compare to a G45/19x or 19?

I was shooting both. Hmm.

Similar. Might try that comparo again tomorrow to be more definitive.

I was shooting both. Hmm.

Similar. Might try that comparo again tomorrow to be more definitive.
    I’d love to see what size groups you can pull out of her when you’re “ really trying” - or you know, off a bag at 7 or 10.

My 43 at 7 yards isn’t bad, but no bullseye pistol. Which is ok. It’s actually pretty good for a 3”, but I’m really hoping that extra inch the 48 is sporting makes a difference.

User Tag List