Page 8 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Based on the fact that the P365 has been such a success, and some other comments (hints) that have been dropped, I'm guessing a G26S - G26 frame with a G43 slide. Without finally ditching the polymer mags, I don't see how Glock could get too many more rounds into the G43 grip without making it very long...
    I honestly don’t know how SIG did it, but the 365 is MUCH easier for me to shoot than you would guess from the size. As in better than a G26 for sure. I also find the recoil less. I know this is all subjective but it’s a common theme with my buddies.

I trust Glock more than SIG, but the both the G42 and G43 has teething issues also.

Guess we are just going to have to wait and see what we get at SHOT. A 10 round slim G19 would be VERY useful for me.
    Last edited by LSP552; 12-16-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In fairness to Glock, the Gen 5 G22 they made for the Brazilians is actually something New. A Gen 5 17/22 frame with a heavier / wider G37/45 GAP slide but a .40 barrel and breachface.

This is what many knowledgeable gun people said the Glock 40 caliber guns should have been in the first place.
    I'm actually hoping for this. I'm pretty dedicated to going all-in on Glocks, and a solidly set-up Gen. 5 .40 would fill the last need/want slot on my list. The Gen. 4 22 isn't a bad option, but the Gen. 5 guts and heavier slide would make the 22 a really good option.

I'd also like to see the 19s standardized with no frame cut-out. I'm one of the lucky few that it doesn't bother so it's not a huge deal, but I think it's better without.

So to sum up: I'd like two things that already exist in some form in the wild. Hopefully it's like the song says: If you don't expect that much from me, I might not let you down...

A line of .45 GAP Gen 5's?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    I'm actually hoping for this. I'm pretty dedicated to going all-in on Glocks, and a solidly set-up Gen. 5 .40 would fill the last need/want slot on my list. The Gen. 4 22 isn't a bad option, but the Gen. 5 guts and heavier slide would make the 22 a really good option.

I'd also like to see the 19s standardized with no frame cut-out. I'm one of the lucky few that it doesn't bother so it's not a huge deal, but I think it's better without.

So to sum up: I'd like two things that already exist in some form in the wild. Hopefully it's like the song says: If you don't expect that much from me, I might not let you down...
    Well, if Glock disappoints, there are G37 45 GAP police trades on the market right now and ATI is making a 45 GAP to 40 SW conversion barrel. Last I saw both were availible from Sportsman’s guide.

I am actually hoping for a non-MOS G34 g5 personally.

Other g5 things I'd be interested in...
    -G24
    -G35
    -G40 (highly unlikely)
    -a somehow thinner G26
    -a slightly taller G43 OR a factory 7 round G43 mag

My wishlist would include:

• Gen5 19 minus the grip cut out, no MOS.
    • Gen5 17 top end / 19 lower without grip cut out.

I am still hoping for a Han Solo heavy blaster pistol DL- 44.

Name:  Han_Solo_DL-44_TFA.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  15.7 KB

Or a hand carried rail gun, that would be nice too.

Name:  rail gun.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  7.8 KB
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 12-16-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    California is stuck with existing Gen 3 models too, since those are the only ones on the list. It's a big reason why Glock is still making Gen 3 9mm's. So a new single-stack 10-round gun won't do much for them.
    That's what I was thinking. Whatever they release won't make it past the red curtain into CA. Mores the pity.

Given the popularity of the G19X and G45.. maybe G26X that takes 19 mags?

j/k ... but if they made it, it would probably sell.

LOL - that is ever funnier.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Given the popularity of the G19X and G45.. maybe G26X that takes 19 mags?

j/k ... but if they made it, it would probably sell.

LOL - that is ever funnier.
    19S. G19 frame with a 43 slide ?

User Tag List